"Utility, Simplicity, Preservation of the map"
Welcome to this part of the wiki dedicated to the edition of the Waze Map in Albania. Here you will find specific informations on editing in Albania by WME (Waze Map Editor).
The slogans that govern each editor's action are :
Make sure your editions are useful to the community, keep them as simple as possible, and do not delete map elements already present.
If you encounter difficulties
First reflex : I take a look on the wiki
You are in the right place ! It is indeed here, on this Albanian wiki that you must first seek the solution. The information here is the guidelines that each editor in Albania must follow to ensure consistent mapping.
|| Do not spontaneously follow the instructions that you will find in other languages or countries on this wiki, as the editing guidelines are country-specific and the foreign usage is not necessarily valid in Albania.
MAIN RULES FOR EDITING IN ALBANIA :
|| Every edit must be made "In City".
The only exceptions are :
- Edit of Freeways (Axx) and ramps, which have to be "No City" even if they cross a city.
- Edit of the roads SHxx (State roads), which have to be "No City" ; Nevertheless, when they cross a city, we can create an alternative name with the name of the city and of course repeat the name of the SH.
SH61 in Tiranë
Principal naming : SH61, No city
Alternate naming : SH61, Tiranë - TIRANË
As in France, there is no "empty areas", it means that every territories of every "Municipalities" (equivalent to the states) adjoin each other. Each portion of a road is attached to at least one municipality
, and in theory each segment must own a city name in principal naming (except cases previously mentioned).
The 61 Municipalities of Albania are already created in Waze, so if you type Mallakastër in the research area of WME, you'll obtain at least one result.
|| If you create a city or a big village, you have to know to which Municipality it belongs. If in doubt, it is advisable to consult other more experienced editors or CMs who can easily find out from reliable sources.
For Albania, Waze not owning a "District", "State" or "Municipality" field, the name of the Municipality is part of city's name, with the following syntax : City - MUNICIPALITY
Ballsh - MALLAKASTËR
Tiranë - TIRANË
Fushë Krujë - KRUJË
Syntax of the names
All names of streets, cities, or Municipalities, will be written in Albanian, not in their anglicized form.
Names of cities
- Between the name of the city and that of the Municipality, we will put a space followed by a dash followed by a new space, always.
Tiranë - TIRANË
Durrës - DURRËS
- The name of the Municipalitywill be entirely in capital letters, respecting the cedilla and the umlaut of characters Ç and Ë.
Shtyllë - KORÇË
Shtylle - KORCE
- No dashes inside the names of cities or municipalities.
Koman - VAU I DEJËS
Koman - VAU-I-DEJËS
Names of roads
All the words except the articles must start with a capital letter, including numbers if they are written in letters.
Classification and Locks
- All the freeways (Axx) are classified as Freeways and locked level 5 manually. Ramps are locked level 5 manually.
- SH1 to SH9 are classified as Major Highway.
- SH10 and more, are classified as Minor Highway.
- Allthe Major Highways are locked level 4 manually.
- All the Minor Highways are locked level 3 manually.
- All thePrimary and streets are locked level 1 manually.
|| When creating a road, make sure to lock it manually, and to check the box "Unpaved" if the basemap clearly allows this judgement.
The type "4x4 trail" must not be used.
Until further notice, speed limits in Albania are not used (filled) for reasons of reliability.