Request a text-to-speech (TTS) change
Is the Waze app pronouncing a street or city wrong? That's easy to fix. Please do not override the pronunciation using the TTS box in the turn instructions. Follow the below steps to submit a request and we will apply a change to the whole country instead of just one turn.
Reporting via Waze Map Editor
- Open the Waze Map Editor (WME)
- Use the search box at the top to find the road. You may need to include the city and country.
- Click on the road that is pronounced incorrectly
- Click on the address in the left pane
- Click the speaker button to open the play panel
- From the drop down, select English (UK) and press the Play sound button. You should hear the street name pronounced.
- If it is pronounced incorrectly, spell out the name how you would say it, into the address box, and repeat the process of playing the sound until it sounds correct. You might need to do this a few times until it sounds just right.
- When you're happy, make a note of how you've spelt out the pronunciation, you'll need it shortly!
- Press the 'Report a problem' button in the play panel and complete the Google form to submit your change request.
- Changes are approved by Local Champs. If they have questions, they may need to contact you. If you're a Waze map editor, it's a good idea to notify a Local Champ of your request as Waze will not tell us who requested the request for privacy reasons.
- Requests are sent to a language team. It may take up to 14 days to notify a local champ of a new change. So once again, it's a great idea to give a local champ a nudge so they can follow it up for you.
Reporting via Waze Australia Discord Server
- If you haven't already, join the Waze Australia Discord server, and download the Discord app for the best user experience.
- Follow the instructions once you join the server by providing some basic information. You can switch between steps by using the channel list on the left panel.
- Once you have joined, click on the #tts channel in the left channel list.
- Tell us the street or city that sounds incorrect, spell out the name how you would say it, tell us which language you're using and ideally include a permalink to the street for testing purposes.
- A local champ will review your request within 48 hours, discuss it with you and take action.
Thanks for helping to make the Waze voice better!