These are the official Editing Guidelines for the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Official Bahrain Slack Waze Group: http://bit.ly/WazeGCCSlackInvite (Please join us on GCC Slack (and join the channel #r10-Bahrain)
Waze Map Editing for Bahrain
- The main language for naming in Bahrain is English.
- Road Naming:
- Road names must be properly capitalized. (al fateh highway -> Al Fateh Highway)
- Please analyze few sources of data and don't depend from one only:
- Note the difference between 'Avenue' and 'Road'. An Avenue is larger than a Road. An Avenue can be a 'Primary Street' but a Road can't.
- Road Direction
- If the opposite lanes of a road are separated by a sidewalk, we draw the road as two opposite one-directional roads. If there is no sidewalk in the middle we draw the road as a single bi-directional line.
- Road Type
- Please don't use Off-road / Not maintained types of road in Bahrain, instead of this use type of road street (unpaved).
If you have suggestions to enhance the guide, feel free to comment below.