The ability to provide driving instruction based on lanes, a clearer and smoother driving experience for drivers.
While mapping, pay attention to the different types of junctions.
If you cannot add lanes, instead of hacking the map or creating a workaround please add the feedback to the spreadsheet, choose the right type of feedback, and explain the reason why.
- 1 How does it look in the app?
- 2 Important to know
- 3 Exits and weaving sections
- 4 At-grade crossings
- 5 H and # crossings
- 6 Junction Box
- 7 Bus Lanes
- 8 Tools
How does it look in the app?
- The next turn indication will transition to a lane guidance for streets where the lanes have been added from the Waze Map Editors community.
- For primary streets and minor Highway it will happen ~500m before the junction. For Freeways and Major Highway ~1,5km.
Important to know
What is currently not supported, but we are working on?
- More complicated types of junctions. We currently only support +, H and # junctions.
What is currently out of scope?
- Lanes on Roundabouts.
- Merging lanes
- Lanes on AA , the whole platform is undergoing a restructure and redesign in order to make it easier to add features.
- Lanes are available on Carplay but are not centered, slightly aligned to the left.
- Editors with a lower level won’t be able to see the lanes tab and lanes data in WME for now.
- Editing segments with lane guidance, i.e: splitting them, will cause lanes data removal so make sure to add map comments where necessary.
Where can we find more information about Lanes?
We created this Lanes Knowledge Base in order to help you start smoothly and have a snapshot of all the knowledge created during the alpha and beta stage. We’ll make sure to update it periodically with new content if needed.
Exits and weaving sections
This examples can be used for Freeway MH and mH for non at-grade connections. These are draft proposals
|Weaving section or parallel Exit > 150m|
|Exit with taper|
At intersections with a stop line, take all existing lanes.
In the example at the right this will give the following:
Avoid to use at-grade connectors. See also the Global wiki
H and # crossings
At the moment 5/2020 this works only for RBS(routing beta server)
On those crossing the Lane Guidance instructions will be combined. (Heuristics)
There are some conditions that must be taken into account.
- The intermediate segment must be less than 50m.
- Straight segments must be in a straight line (option for a 20° offset)
- Left turn must be between 70° a 110°) You can Use "Micro Doglegs"
- The number of lanes entering the intersection is equal to the total number of lanes exiting the intersection (i.e., no new lanes are added in the median).
Lane Guidance can be added to segments which are part of a Junction Box just as they can be added to any other segment. All turn arrows inside a Junction Box must be green (unrestricted) in order for lane guidance to work. Use the Junction Box itself to restrict any necessary turns.
- Lane Tools
- Go to script And click on RAW