For now - don't use this road type. The use of this road type must be approved by a L4+
Road type introduced April 2018, When talking about road type narrow street (formerly Alley), we mean very narrow streets that are drive-able, but hard to access by car. It's the kind of roads that are so narrow, you'd rather not get a route through when driving, unless it is significantly faster. However, as a motorcycle, alleys are convenient for navigation. We'd expect to find relatively low segment speeds on narrow streets already, due to the physical characteristics of the street. Narrow streets will have a routing penalty for cars and taxis, but not for motorcycles.
Definition of Narrow street
- 1-way street width less than 2 meter
- 2-way street smaller than 4 meter without widening for more than 200 meter
Don't use Narrow street
- Busy street (many GPS tracks)
- When this causes additional diversions for local traffic
- On dead end streets: The extra penalty is unnecessary
- On Private road road with C3 sign and caption "excepted local traffic"
Fictional Naming examples:
- Ruelle de la Place, Bruxelles | Brussel, Belgium with ALT-name Pleinsteeg Bruxelles | Brussel
- Sint-Annawegel, Bottelare, België
- Ruelle des Tanneurs, Welfrange, Luxembourg