Translations:Improve your skills/50/en
Things a starting Waze-editor can do
- Read the Quick start guide and then look at the Starters Summary.
- Check if streetnames are filled in and spelled correctly. Use available sources to check.
- Check if the city is filled in correctly.
- Check the driving direction of streets. You can base this on streetview from within Waze, your own local knowledge or other allowed sources. When the source is older than the last edit on the segment, assume that Waze is more up-to-date than your other source and don't change it.
- Check if Junction Arrows are set correctly. With Shift-Z you will see all the red arrows. When you suspect a red junction arrow to be incorrect, first do Shift-Z again and select the segment connected to the junction. That way you can see which segment has the red junction arrow.
- Check the category, name and address of places. The name should be the official name of the place. If you know this place is locally called a different name, please add that name as an alternative. It will improve the search. Also check if this place is visible on the live map, if not, please convert it to a point place, when applicable.
- Inform your area or region manager of possible issues. See the section how to do that.
- Monitor road-closures in your neighboorhood, see our Closures page on how to report them.