Translations:Improve your skills/51/en
Unless you work together with a more experienced editor, please be very cautious with the following activities:
- Don't delete road-segments. This also deletes the historic traffic information, e.g. the historic average speed.
- Do not change or delete segments that are connected to locked segments.
- Do not split roads, even when there lanes are physically split.
- Do not change the road type, this has a big influence on the navigation.
- Be careful adding roads like private roads and driveways. They can result in a wrong navigation advice. It will also clutter the map and increase the amount of bandwidth used.
- Do not add parking lots roads when there are already roads on the parking lot mapped.
- Do not close update requests or make changes based to them. If you want to help, because you have local knowledge, please make a comment that can help a more experienced editor, or contact the editor handling it.
- Better not add restrictions based on not (yet) implemented vehicle types.
- Don't make mass changes just because the wiki indicates it. Realize that there might be a reason that something is done in a way that deviates from the wiki guidelines. Best is to contact the last editor, or discuss the issue in Slack.