- Make sure you’re using the correct units for the speed limits! You can switch between Imperial and Metric by clicking on the tab with the ‘Gear’ icon, on the left column in the Waze Map Editor. The Gear icon is only visible when no segment or place is selected.
- Adding Speed Limits must be based on certainties. You should be familiar with the area where you add them. Please do not enter Speed Limits when you are not 100% sure.
- The 'normal speed limit' is the speed limit that is applicable when there is no other signage present.
- In some cases it may be required to split segments to be able to enter the correct maximum speed. If the change of speed is near to a junction it can be better not to create an extra segment. Segments should be at least 20 meters.
- On roundabouts enter the highest maximum speed of the connected roads with the same road type.