User:Fkzy/Speed limit final
We can specify on the map a Speed Limit (SL) for drivable roads. The actual SL depends on the situation: country, type of road, within or outside city limits, and the presence of other traffic signs, including dynamic signs.
* As of 1/1/2021, the default speed limit will be 30 km/h in Brussels' urban areas.
- Make sure you’re using the correct units for the speed limits! You can switch between Imperial and Metric by clicking on the tab with the ‘Gear’ icon, on the left column in the Waze Map Editor. The Gear icon is only visible when no segment or place is selected.
- Adding Speed Limits must be based on certainties. You should be familiar with the area where you add them. Please do not enter Speed Limits when you are not 100% sure.
- The 'normal speed limit' is the speed limit that is applicable when there is no other signage present.
- In some cases it may be required to split segments to be able to enter the correct maximum speed. If the change of speed is near to a junction it can be better not to create an extra segment. Segments should be at least 20 meters.
- On roundabouts enter the highest maximum speed of the connected roads with the same road type.
Areas with a lowered speed limit
In a zone with a lowered maximum speed limit, the maximum speed limit is valid for a clear demarcated area. In Belgium, a school zone is a special usage of such a 30 KM/H zone. These zones can be announced by a permanent/static, or by a dynamic/electronic 'zone 30' sign. In both cases, the SL must be entered as 30 KM/H.
Speed limit zone
Speed limits like are valid up to the next speed limit sign, or next junction (BE only). If no speed limit sign visible, the SL in Belgium after next junction will be the default again, whereas in Luxembourg, the given speed limit from the last sign still counts. Only speed limit road signs with the word "zone" put around an area are valid for all the streets within this area, (if no other signs overrule this).
Variable speed limit
Enter the regular Speed Limit also in case of:
- Matrix signs above the road
- Changeable signs
- WME Speedhelper helps speedup the input of speed limits.
- WME Route Speeds script to display the average speed and routing time over one or more segments, on different days and times