Community Levels/en /
Belux Community Levels
For your career in the Waze Belux Community it is important to participate on Slack and on the Forum. For starting editors it is important to add questions, while higher level editors are ready to answer them, explaining, helping out.
Each next level
- comes with extra responsibilities (participating in the Community)
- comes with extra possibilities (for instance access to specific forum and Slack channels.
- is linked with a more map editting knowledge
- comes with a bigger editable area
- comes with authorization to edit extra road types
Novice editor (level 1)
Apprentice editor (level 2)
Level 2 is reached after 3000 edits. Level 2 can be requested if the answers on the following questions are positive.
- You did already some edits?
- Do you actively participate in the Belux Community?
- You know where to find information on the Wiki?
Prerequisites for a request:
- Having read carefully the Quick start guide.
- At least 1.000 quality Map updates.
- At least 10 useful posts on the forum and/or in slack.
What is extra (compared to level 1):
- Editable area is doubled from 1 mile to 2 miles around your drives of approximately the past three months.
- Update Primary streets in the WME.
- Use a new avatar, the Waze Robot - in the Waze app.
What is expected from you:
- Read the Advanced Guide
- If you wish, you can get a personal mentor (L3+).
Area Manager (level 3)
Prerequisites for an Area Manager (AM) are:
- Be an active member of the Belux Community
- Read carefully the Belux Advanced Guide
- At least 25.000 good quality Map updates
- A Google account to be able to work with GoogleDocs..
- You can become an Area Manager by requesting an area.
- You get a Region Manager (RM) as coach.
- Follow up on road works
- Act on Closures
- Coaching starting editors
- Be available for your RM coach
- Execute small assignments.
What is extra (compared to level 2):
- Able to maintain extra road types like Minor Highways
- Set Closures
- Use a new avatar in the Waze app: the Waze_8bit
- Member of the Area Manager Group.
Region manager (level 4)
- You are a proven experienced editor
- At least 100.000 map edits
- You are an active member of the Belux Community
- Request to become a RM by sending a PM to one of the Country Managers.
- Or on request of a Country Manager.
What is expected from Region Managers:
- Coaching Area managers
What is extra (compared to level 3):
- Maximum lock level raises to 4
- Region Managers are listed on BeLux Community page.
Country Manager (level 5)
- In consultation with Country Managers and Champs
What is expected from you:
- Coaching and monitoring Region Managers (L4)
- Processing L5 Unlock Requests [UR]
- Status reporting to Global Champs (L6)
- Make clear arrangements for Country Managers and Region Managers
- Fulfil activities on request of Global Champs.
- Coordinate, lead and/or assist on special projects.
What is extra (compared to RM):
- The complete country as Editable area
- Forum: black username.
- All Country Managers are listed on BeLux Community page .
Global Champ & Community Leaders (level 6)
L6 Wazers are in direct contact with several people in the Waze organisation.
They communicate the interesting news to the Community.
L6 Wazers have access to the international Global Champs forum.