Place update request
The work for the PUR mediator is to check the request. If it is nothing serious, reject it otherwise add missing details. It is recommended to approve incomplete requests, save, and then edit the place to correct the wrong information so it can be used as a destination to navigate to.
Because every user can become blacklisted and banned from adding places once they have tried adding a certain amount of places or updates which have been rejected, it is better to approve all serious meant requests and only reject not serious ones.
A user “reported” (created) a New place with the name “Auto service Matthijse” with category “Car services” including a photo. This request has to be checked before Approval.
- First check the existance of this company; if not Reject the request.
- Is the name spelled right; if not correct the spelling.
- Is the address supplied and complete; if not add the full address
- Check the location.
- Check the other supplied details; correct them if necessary
- If possible add details like website, telephone number, opening hours.
- Click Approve and save the updated place.
- If necessary move the place to the correct location and/or add an entry/exit point.
Open Place update requests
See also the global Wiki on Place Updates (Moderation).