BeNeLux Wiki in English, translation into other languages is started...
Since November 2014 it is possible to search for house numbers which are inputted via the Waze Map Editor and saved in the Waze database. To support this functionality, In multiple countries, like The Netherlands, Waze imported house number data from external sources. This was not done for Belgium and Luxembourg.
- It is possible to add house numbers to several road types when Street and City name are specified.
- Don't add house numbers to pedestrian boardwalks. If house numbers are to be added to a non-drivable road use walking trail.
- Add house numbers with an letters like 123A, 123B, letter in uppercase and without hyphen,
- Add house numbers with a sub number like 123-1, 123-2, with a hyphen.
- For now, combinations of such numbers like 123A-1 are not allowed.
- For adding house numbers in The Netherlands the WME OpenMaps script with the BAG map is very usefull.
- The BAG viewer can be used to get information on house numbers in the Netherlands.
- For Flandres the map Adrespunten Vlaanderen can be used, also available via the OpenMaps script. For Brussels use CIRB, for Wallonia PICC.
Adding house numbers:
- Select a street
- Click Edit house numbers
- Zoom in to at least zoom=6
- Click top center screen
- Place the little blue circle on a house and enter the house number for this house.
- Set the stop point / segment marker on the road segment from where the house can be approached.
- Click Save
If an error is forceable the force button is displayed. But, the possibility to fix errors via forcing is dependant on your editor level. In The Netherlands L1 editors can use for some errors the force option, for other errors L2 is required. In Belgium and Luxembourg forcing is always limited to L2 and higher.
An out of sequence error is also in the Netherlands limited to L2 and higher.
Read more in the global Wiki on Errors you can force.
- When searching for an address in the Waze app or Live map, Waze will first check the own Waze house numbers - both the manual created and the imported ones. If the house number isn't known in Waze, the Google Maps database is consulted.
- If an address is on an unnamed road don't use a house number to identify an address but add a private residence place which contains only the address. If necessary use an entry point to specify the exact location.
- If the correct approach entrance to an address is from a street or segment other than the street the address is named after, then don't use a house number to identify an address but add a private residence place which contains only the address.
- House numbers with a letter, like 123A, entered in Waze are not yet used for getting the destination location. Searching on house numbers with an alphanumeric extension is still done via the Google database.
- When adding house numbers for appartment buildings it is nice not to add all numbers on top of each other. Add them in such a way that an editor can trace, on the highest zoon level, each number individually.
- If some house numbers are missing, Waze will try to interpolate the missing house number of the requested address. This works in case of a lot of house numbers in a small spot or if house numbers are uniformly distributed in space between 2 registered house numbers. This interpolation works with a maximum step of 20, for both sides: the even and odd numbers. It is enough when the numbers 1, 21, 41 and 2, 22, 42 etc are entered.
- More information can be read on the global Wiki page on house numbers.
- Forum page on house numbers with questions, discussions.
- WME Toolbox option "Show House Numbers" which colors segments with house numbers present, so segments without become obvious....
- User script WME HN NavPoints
- User script WME HN Tool
- User script WME Rapid House Numbers