no edit summary
Since November 2014 it is possible to search for <i>house numbers</i> which are inputted via the [[Waze Map Editor]] and saved in the Waze database. To support this functionality, In multiple countries, like The Netherlands, Waze imported house number data from external sources. This was not done for Belgium and Luxembourg.<br />
* It is possible to add <i>house numbers</i> to several [[Road types|road types]] when [[Street and City names|Street and City name]] are specified.
* Don't add <i>house numbers</i> to [[Pedestrian Boardwalk|pedestrian boardwalks]]. If house numbers are to be added to a [[Non-drivable roads|non-drivable road]] use [[Walking trail|walking trail]].
* Add <i>house numbers</i> with an letters like 123A, 123B, letter in uppercase and without hyphen,
* Add <i>house numbers</i> with a sub number like 123-1, 123-2, with a hyphen.
'''Adding house numbers:'''
'''Errors:''' <br />
[[File:House-numbers-force-out-of-sequence.png|right|400px]] Some errors you can force others you can't. Dismiss the error window by clicking on Continue editing, hover the mouse over the red-bordered House Numbers to review what the errors are and fix the House Numbers which are in error, if they are indeed in error.<br />
If an error is forceable the force button is displayed. But, the possibility to fix errors via forcing is dependant on your editor level. In The Netherlands '''L1''' editors can use for some errors the force option, for other errors '''L2''' is required. In Belgium and Luxembourg forcing is always limited to '''L2''' and higher.<br />
[[File:House-numbers-forced.png|left|x200px]] [[File:House-number-error-no-force.png|x200px|right]] In the Netherlands the warning of even and
oneven numbers on the same side of the road is forceable for '''L1''' editors. <br />
An out of sequence error is also in the Netherlands limited to '''L2''' and higher.<br />
Read more in the global Wiki on [https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/Global/House_Numbers_in_WME#Errors_you_can_force Errors you can force].<br />
* If the correct approach entrance to an address is from a street or segment other than the street the address is named after, then don't use a house number to identify an address but add a [[Residential Place|private residence place]] which contains only the address.
House numbers with a letter, like 123A , entered in Waze are not yet used for getting the destination location. Searching on house numbers with an alphanumeric extension is still done via the Google database.
===Further reading===* More information can be read on the global Wiki page on [https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/
Global/House_Numbers_in_WME house numbers].
* [https://www.waze.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=655 Forum page] on house numbers with questions, discussions.
* [[WME Toolbox]] option "Show House Numbers" which colors segments ''with'' house numbers present, so segments ''without'' become obvious....
* User script [[WME HN Tool]]
* User script [[WME Rapid House Numbers]]