no edit summary
Since November 2014 it is possible to search for <i>house numbers</i> which are inputted via the [[Waze Map Editor]] and saved in the Waze database. To support this functionality, In multiple countries, like The Netherlands, Waze imported house number data from external sources. This was not done for Belgium and Luxembourg.<br />
* It is possible to add <i>house numbers</i> to several [[Road types|road types]] when [[Street and City names|Street and City name]] are specified.
* Don't add <i>house numbers</i> to [[Pedestrian Boardwalk|pedestrian boardwalks]]. If house numbers are to be added to a [[Non-drivable roads|non-drivable road]] use [[Walking trail|walking trail]].
* Add <i>house numbers</i> with an letters like 123A, 123B, letter in uppercase and without hyphen,
* Add <i>house numbers</i> with a sub number like 123-1, 123-2, with a hyphen.
* For adding house numbers in The Netherlands the [[WME OpenMaps script]] with the BAG map is very usefull.
* The [[BAG|BAG viewer]] can be used to get information on <i>house numbers</i> in the Netherlands.
'''Adding house numbers:'''
'''Errors:''' <br />
[[File:House-numbers-force-out-of-sequence.png|right|400px]] Some errors you can force others you can't. Dismiss the error window by clicking on Continue editing, hover the mouse over the red-bordered House Numbers to review what the errors are and fix the House Numbers which are in error, if they are indeed in error.<br />
* When searching for an address in the [[Waze app]] or [[Live map]], Waze will first check the own Waze house numbers - both the manual created and the imported ones. If the house number isn't known in Waze, the Google Maps database is consulted.
* If an address is on an unnamed road
(private, parking lot, etc.) don't use a house number to identify an address but add a [[Residential Place|private residence place]] which contains only the address. If necessary use an entry point to specify the exact location.
* If the correct approach entrance to an address is from a street or segment other than the street the address is named after, then don't use a house number to identify an address but add a [[Residential Place|private residence place]] which contains only the address.
House numbers with a letter, like 123A , entered in Waze are not yet used for getting the destination location. Searching on house numbers with an alphanumeric extension is still done via the Google database.
===Further reading===* More information can be read on the global Wiki page on [https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/
Global/House_Numbers_in_WME house numbers].
* [https://www.waze.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=655 Forum page] on house numbers with questions, discussions.
* [[WME Toolbox]] option "Show House Numbers" which colors segments ''with'' house numbers present, so segments ''without'' become obvious....
* User script [[WME HN Tool]]
* User script [[WME Rapid House Numbers]]