Translations:Major Traffic Events/1/en
Major Traffic Events
Major Traffic Events, or MTE’s are large-scale events that have associated road closures. MTE’s can be sport events (marathons, triathlons, etc), festivals, parades, significant construction works or even (natural) disasters like flooding (ex: Closure of freeways or important tunnels), VIP visits, etc.
Reporting MTE’s ensures your local community is informed about closures and congestion due to relevant events nearby.
Note to Editors:
- To submit a MTE you need to have permission to add road closures (level 3 or better) or work together with an editor that has that permission. In this phase of the tool, you will be able to create events and upload closures through the WME. A website page is automatically created: https://www.waze.com/nl/events/.
- The automatic push message to Wazers affected by the MTE should work as well.
Create an event
All MTE’s have to be submitted at least 48hours before start of the event. This will give Waze HQ appropriate time to arrange for the push- message. Editing of the MTE-closures is still possible after submitting but having all closures attached to the MTE is crucial for the push message.
- Open the WME
- Click the mode selection button next to the search bar
- Select Event Mode
- Create a new event by clicking . You will be presented with the displayed panel.
- Add event name in English (mandatory) - the event name should be as short as possible while accurately representing the event. There is a 25 character limit.
- Add secondary event name in local language (optional) - the event name should be as short as possible while accurately representing the event.
- Fill in details of the event. Note: Allow for the preparation-, build-up- as well as after-event break-up time. All closures need to be within the general event start and end time. Once submitted you cannot change the general MTE start and end time. Closures that start earlier or end later than the general MTE start and end time cannot become part of the event.
- Make sure to Save!