Benelux Community Levels
BeNeLux Wiki in English, translation into other languages is started...
Benelux Community LevelsWaze Benelux Community it is important to participate on Slack and on the Forum. For starting editors it is important to add questions, while higher level editors are ready to answer them, explaining, helping out.
Each next level
- comes with extra responsibilities (participating in the Community)
- comes with extra possibilities (for instance access to specific forum and Slack channels.
- is linked with a more map editting knowledge
- comes with a bigger editable area
- comes with authorization to edit extra road types
Novice editor (level 1)
Apprentice editor (level 2)
Level 2 is reached after 3000 edits. Level 2 can be requested if the answers on the following questions are positive.
- You did already some edits?
- Do you actively participate in the Benelux Community?
- You know where to find information on the Wiki?
Prerequisites for a request:
- Having read carefully the Quick start guide.
- At least 1.000 quality Map updates.
- At least 10 useful posts on the forum and/or in slack.
What is extra (compared to level 1):
What is expected from you:
- Read the Benelux Advanced Guide
- If you wish, you can get a personal mentor (L3+).
Area Manager (level 3)
Prerequisites for an Area Manager (AM) are:
- Be an active member of the Benelux Community
- Read carefully the Benelux Advanced Guide
- At least 25.000 good quality Map updates
- A Google account to be able to work with GoogleDocs..
- You can become an Area Manager by requesting an area.
- You get a Region Manager (RM) as coach.
- Follow up on road works
- Act on Closures
- Coaching starting editors
- Be available for your RM coach
- Execute small assignments.
What is extra (compared to level 2):
- Able to maintain extra road types like Minor Highways
- Set Closures
- Use a new avatar in the Waze app: the Waze_8bit
- Member of the Area Manager Group.
Region manager (level 4)
- You are a proven experienced editor
- At least 100.000 map edits
- You are an active member of the Benelux Community
- Request to become a RM by sending a PM to one of the Country Managers.
- Or submit a request in the forum
- Or on request of a Country Manager.
What is expected from Region Managers:
- Coaching Area managers
What is extra (compared to level 3):
- Maximum lock level raises to 4
- Region Managers are listed on BeNeLux Community page.
Local Waze Champ Benelux (level 4)
- Send a PM to a Country Manager
- Request in the forum
- On request of a Country Manager
What is expected from Local Champs:
- Being active on the Slack channels and on the Forum answering questions
- Execute L4-Unlock Requests [UR]
What is extra (compared to a RM):
- Member of the group Local Waze Champs Benelux.
- Access to separate subforum and Slack channels..
- All Local Waze Champs BeNeLux are listed on the BeNeLux Community page.
Country Manager (level 5)
- In consultation with Country Managers and Champs
What is expected from you:
- Coaching and monitoring Region Managers (L4)
- Processing L5 Unlock Requests [UR]
- Status reporting to Global Champs (L6)
- Make clear arrangements for Country Managers and Region Managers
- Fulfil activities on request of Global Champs.
- Coordinate, lead and/or assist on special projects.
What is extra (compared to RM):
- The complete country as Editable area
- Forum: black username.
- All Country Managers are listed on BeNeLux Community page .
Global Champ & Community Leaders (level 6)
L6 Wazers are in direct contact with several people in the Waze organisation.
They communicate the interesting news to the Community.
L6 Wazers have access to the international Global Champs forum.
A list with the Waze Champs Benelux can be requested via this forum search.