Chemin Piéton non routable
BeNeLux Wiki in English, translation into other languages is started...
Chemins piétons non routables
Le chemin piéton non routable (PB) fait partie des types de route non carrossables.
Waze étant un gps pour véhicule motorisé uniquement, ce genre de segment n'est normalement pas utilisé.
- Bicycle paths
- Walking paths
In the following cases, PB's can or should be added to the map:
- if navigation is unclear without them
- if the map is unclear without them
- if it can lead users to and from a Parking Lot Place. This is to allow Waze to estimate better walking times to parking lots.
- This road type is not used to add house numbers, if the non-drivable road has destinations use road type walking trail instead.
For more information see the page on non-drivable roads.
|Pedestrian area|| |
|Public transport (see below)|| |
Pedestrian Boardwalks must be connected to other roads.
Add as far as possible Street and City name.
- Despite the fact that it has become impossible to set junction arrows for PB's it's still possible to have an 'Isolated segment' error when you save. This error can be ignored.
How to handle existing unnecessary Pedestrian Boardwalks
Starting editors try to make the map as realistic as possible and often start adding PB's that appear to be missing.
There are two viewpoints on how to handle existing unnecessary PB's.
- Leaving them, could encourage other editors to draw even more.
- Removing them, could result in the same PB's being added over and over again.
It is up to the Area Manager or Regional Manager to choose between these options. Be aware that the presence of PB's could promote the use of Waze by cyclists and walkers. This leads to incorrect data.
Please contact a local AM or RM if you see a PB that should probably be deleted and you can't edit it yourself. If a unnecessary PB was added less than about six months ago, try to contact the editor who added it. And explain to him/her why you think the segment should be deleted. don't forget to add a link to this page in your communication.
Roads for public transport should be drawn as Pedestrian Boardwalk unless they can be used by taxis.
The previous standard was using Walking Trails for public transport lanes. This is changed into using Pedestrian Boardwalks for public transport because both non-drivable roadtypes have now both a fix. Preference for PB because public transport lanes shouldn’t have (by accident) destinations.