BeNeLux Wiki in English, translation into other languages is started...
Roundabouts, rotaries, or traffic circles, are unique segments of roadway in the Waze router. When a driver approaches a roundabout, a specific icon is displayed in the turn direction area of the display with a number corresponding to the exit count from the driver's entry into the roundabout.
If you want to add a roundabout, you firstly draw the roads as a normal crossroad, but don't connect the roads/segments. Secondly you draw the roundabout and WME will connect the crossing roads automatically. Extended information can be found in the USA wiki on the: Roundabouts/USA page.
- Add a City name but no Street. This is because the route assistance during navigation.
- A roundabout always get as road type the type of the most important passing through road.
- Enter as Speed limit the highest maximum speed of the connected segments.
- A dead-end street (cul de sac) should not have a roundabout at the end.
- If there is no road sign for a roundabout don't use a roundabout.
- Don't create connected roads within a roundabout. This lead to weird instructions like "take exit zero".
- LARGAS refers to a special type roundabout.
- For moving a complete roundabout the WME RA util script can be used.