Waze Map Editor
BeNeLux Wiki in English, translation into other languages is started...
Waze map editor
With the Waze Map Editor (WME) the Waze maps are maintained.
The BeNeLux specifics of the WME are explained in:
The global Wiki contains some pages on:
An example is shown below:
For editing the map first goto the location where the editing has to be done If you have a PL paste in your browsers URL field otherwise find the location by using the search possibility top left corner of the screen:
Top right hand corner contains the icon via which the layers / options menu can be requested. With all layers selected the map can look very cluttered. Select only those layers you need for a certain task: like the satellite image, places, roads etcetera.
Tab on left hand side with a listing of the latest drives. Short drives are often added immediately. Sometimes your drive information is not updated the same day, but in the end almost all drives appear in this list.
Tab on left hand side with links to the editable areas.
The areas that are shown are :
- the areas you drove around while using Waze and
- areas you are assigned editing right as for instance Area Manager and
- temporary areas while taken part in a Mapraid.
There are currently three waze map servers: IL (Israel), NA (North America) and ROW (Rest of the world). The Benelux maps are on the ROW server. When you're working in the editor you'll see "row" as part of the URL.
- The global page, already mentioned above, Map Editor Interface and Controls contains a complete description of the Waze Map Editor.
- Additional editing tips page.
- Visit the global page on Map Editing Tips and Hints
- Waze Map Editor Forum page with discussions, suggestions and version info.