BeNeLux Wiki in English, translation into other languages is started...
Wiki Translate Extension
- BeNeLux Wiki pages that start with the simple "languages" show in the language selection bar the available language versions.
- The base text of each page, that needs translation, is enclosed in translate tags..
- The extension splits the indicated base text into paragraph sized units and creates a message group for them. One page would be one message group, where, in the simplest form, each paragraph would be one message in that group.
- You can have links automatically go to the user's preferred language version (only) when it exists, by using links of the form a page link with Special:MyLanguage/Pagename.
- Stable pages are marked for translation by the Translation administrator. You can request a page marked for translation via the Slack #team-wazeopedia channel. The Wiki page Page translation lists the pages to be marked for translation and the pages that are currently in translation.
Translate a page
- Select a page marked for translation to translate. The page will display in top centered the text "Translate this page". Click this text.
- A window is displayed with "Message group All > plus the page title. Select the target language via the drop down list that is available top right hand side of the window.
- Click on each message group box and translate the text. Click Save translation when done.
- Do this for all message group boxes.
- After saving your translation the page is available in the target language.
- Click the Review button, via the pencil icon, available if you hover the cursor over the translated text, you can still make changes to the translated text.