Please review the USA Functional Classification page for details on this topic. In rare cases, a particular road may require a different type than prescribed in the national guidance. Before changing the type of any road past the bounds of the rules, please post the situation to the New Jersey Forum to receive feedback. New Jersey resources can be found in the following links:
Statewide Mapping Resources
- NJDOT Highway Functional Classification Maps (2013)
- Use this Spreadsheet to track completion.
Use these state-wide maps for the names and numbers of Interstate, US, and State highways. They also include the names of many local roads and addresses.
- New Jersey GIS Online map (detailed but slow)
- New Jersey GIS PDF map (less detailed)
- NJ Tax Maps - Helps with addresses and also functions as a GIS system.
Mapping Resources by County
For more New Jersey and US mapping resources, please see New Jersey/Resources.