|This page is being updated to the new State template suite. If you are interested you can view it at this test page. If you would like to help the effort, send a private message to the editor of the new page.|
Information and resources regarding editing Waze maps in Ohio. Resources for other states and the entire country can be found on the mapping resources page.
Deviations from USA standards
Go to Ohio/Mapping conventions for specific information on specific recommendations for how Ohio editors should address certain elements differently from the USA standards.
- ODOT Functional Class Inventory - old information
- ODOT Transportation Information Mapping System - including functional class data
- ODOT straight line diagrams
- ODOT county TIFF maps (note: many of these maps have not been updated in over 10 years)
- OGRIP - Ohio Geographically Referenced Information Program
- County Auditors' Association of Ohio; County GIS list (List is similar to County list below.)
- USGS National Map Viewer (sometimes quite out of date)
- 2013 Boundary and Annexation Survey Maps from US Census Bureau
- TIGERweb from US Census Bureau
- Ohio Interstate Exit Guide (ODOT, circa 2007)
- Google Map Tools (useful for drawing arbitrary polygons to use in AM requests)
Please list cities smaller than 100,000 under only in their county in the County category below.
- Akron (same link as Summit County)
- Cincinnati (same link as Hamilton County)
- Cleveland (also see Cuyahoga County)
- Columbus zoning | Columbus My Neighborhood
- Dayton (same link as Montgomery County)
- Toledo (also see Lucas County)
- Links are GIS resources unless otherwise indicated.
- Sites marked with a $ have fee based access.
- Ashland (county map)
- Belmont (requires Internet Explorer)
- Brown (requires Internet Explorer)
- Champaign (requires Internet Explorer)
- Miami (county map)
- Monroe $
- Morrow (requires Internet Explorer)
- Pike (requires Internet Explorer or Firefox)
- Richland (note: requires entering a valid street address in order to access map)
- Van Wert GIS | Van Wert Map
Last dates that links were searched:
- Statewide: OHGO | Buckeye Traffic (Text Only) | Ohio Turnpike & Updates
- Akron area: Summit County Traffic Alerts
- Cincinnati area: Hamilton County road closures | ARTIMIS construction report
- Cleveland area: Cuyahoga County Public Works
- Columbus area: Paving the Way
- Dayton area: City of Dayton Public Works
- Toledo area:
See Ohio/Construction for a list of LONG TERM Road Closures & Changes to Traffic Flow that impact the Waze Map.
Speed / Red Light Cameras
List of cities in Ohio that use speed cameras (S) and/or red light cameras (R) (source: IIHS, updated Aug 2013)
- Akron S
- Ashtabula S R
- Cleveland S R
- Columbus S R (note: speed cameras in Columbus are CPD-marked SUVs and are quite mobile)
- Dayton S R
- East Cleveland S R
- Elmwood Place S
- Hamilton S (note: cameras are on vehicles; there are no fixed camera locations)
- Middletown R (locations)
- New Miami S
- Northwood S R
- Parma S
- Springfield R
- Toledo S R (locations)
- Trotwood S R
- Village of Lucas S
- West Carrollton S R
Places (fka Landmarks)
As of March 2014, national guideance was created for Places that all editors should now follow.
Since changes are still in progress with these guidelines, editors should be conservative about adding Places until these guidelines are solidified. Adding Places for every small business that exists will create map clutter.
Eventually a layering system may become available that will allow every Place possible to be added without cluttering the map. Please consider this before adding Places to the map.
For more information regarding this ongoing process, please see the forum link at the top of the Places page.
Keep track of work that needs to be done and coordinate efforts with other AMs.
- Statewide (no data 8/11/13)
- Akron (no data 8/11/13)
- Cincinnati (no data 8/11/13)
- Cleveland (no data 8/11/13)
- Columbus (no data 8/11/13)
- Dayton (no data 8/11/13)
- Toledo & NW Ohio (last updated March 2012)
If you are an Area Manager who covers the State of Ohio, or a USA Country Manager active in Ohio, please add yourself alphabetically to this list.
You are also encouraged to create your own User Profile here in the Wiki. The profile can then also be linked to from your Forum Signature.
(Edit this section to read the comments explaining how to add yourself .)
|Username||Areas Managed||Comments||Forum PM|
|bmscavo||+/- Bowling Green||Just handling the little things for now|
|bruce1224|| Northern Ohio generally north of US-224 and I-76, and western Ohio,
plus areas in eastern Indiana and central Florida
|danofsatx||+/- Upper Ohio Valley||Cleaning up my hometown areas||PM|
|DaveKS14||Central Ohio, some Northern Ohio. Large-Area Manager, Central Ohio east to the Ohio River.||Large Area Managed: Starting NW of Columbus just south of La Rue, to SW of Columbus at Mount Sterling, then directly east to the Ohio River.||PM|
|EdFromOhio||Northeast Ohio||Large Area Manager for Northeast Ohio.||PM|
|FlyinRiz||+/- Cuyahoga, Erie, Huron, Medina, Lorain, and Summit Counties||Working to build up to actually cover all of the areas mentioned and eventually expand more.||PM|
|GizmoGuy411||NW Ohio counties. Also a Global Waze Champ, USA Country Manager, & Waze Expert.||Metro Toledo is very complete. Working on rural areas as of 2012/09.|| PM
|Helgramite|| State Manager (Southern Ohio).
AM Cincinnati within I-275 Loop
|Fortunate to have a group of L2-L4 editors who make my life easier.||PM|
|hopeliz||Columbus and Athens areas and along US 33 in between.||PM|
|jhfrontz||Central Ohio and other uncovered areas around Ohio (as well adjacent areas of PA, WV, KY, and IN). Also a USA Country Manager and AM of Vieques (PR), St. John (USVI), Jost van Dyke (BVI), Virgin Gorda (BVI), and East Bay (SF)||PM|
|Mattiedale||Southwest Ohio, Southeast Indiana and Northern Kentucky.||Currently clearing out map complaints and working my way across Cincinnati. Love to work with new editors.||PM|
|mpawlicki||+/- Central Ohio (Columbus) area, OH and IN areas along I-70 and I-65.||Concentrating efforts on small to mid size towns without previous AM or CM presence||PM|
|normana400||+/- Fairfield County, Perry County, Hocking County||working on building up areas and hopefully expanding|
|ohiostmusicman|| State Manager (Northern Ohio).
AM +/- Northern Ohio
|Currently working on cleaning rural areas in Northwest & North Central Ohio.||PM|
|PhilC62||+/- North Central Ohio -- Mansfield, Ashland||Will be expanding area to more of NC Ohio in the near future||PM|
|Ryanh85||+/- Dayton and surrounding, Springfield & Northwest Columbus||working on building up areas and hopefully expanding||PM|
|ssl-3||+/- NW Ohio, ish||Cleaning up rural roads and communities as fast as I can find issues with them.||PM|
|TimC42||South Central Ohio; Lake Erie Islands||Currently cleaning up Pickaway and Ross Counties in South Central Ohio and Kelleys Island in Lake Erie.||PM|
|Yogi_v2||Columbus, quasi Cincinnati||Assigned to Columbus and cleaning up most of the KY/OH/IN tri-state.||PM|
|Usernames in blue have created Waze Wiki Profiles. Usernames in red have not.|