Oklahoma is participating in the new Functional Classification.
- Note: The Oklahoma DOT Maps are the official maps that should be followed for functional classification in the state of Oklahoma. The INCOG maps may not be approved by the FHWA and should only be used to reference in new construction where the DOT maps do not have the road.
Frontage roads along Freeways should be matched to FC. If FC does not list the frontage road, type it as a Primary Street.
Turnarounds (u-turns under/over freeways), should be named "Turnaround" and matched to FC. If FC does not list the Turnaround, match it to the lowest road type that it touches - similar to AGCs.
Interstates throughout the state
- I-35 Texas to Kansas
- I-40 Texas to Arkansas
- I-44 Texas to Missouri
- I-235 Spur through Oklahoma City
- I-240 Spur between Oklahoma City and Moore
- I-244 Bypass of Tulsa
- I-444 Auxiliary to I-244 in Tulsa
Turnpikes throughout the state
All turnpike segments and on-ramps should be marked 'Toll Road' so users are not directed on to them with Avoid Toll Roads selected.
- Cherokee Turnpike (US-412) between east of US-69 to near the Arkansas border
- Chickasaw Turnpike (SH-1) two lane turnpike between Ada and Suphur
- Cimarron Turnpike (US-412) between I-35 and US-64
- Creek Turnpike (SH-364) spur in the Tulsa Metro
- H. E. Bailey Turnpike (I-44) from Texas to near Oklahoma City
- John Kilpatrick Turnpike spur in the Oklahoma City Metro
- Indian Nation Turnpike from I-40 to near the Texas border
- Muskogee Turnpike (SH-351) from SH-51 to I-40
- Turner Turnpike (I-44) from Oklahoma City to Tulsa
- Will Rogers Turnpike (I-44) from Tulsa to Missouri state line
In Oklahoma we have a set minimum standard for locking roads based on segment type. Any road of a certain segment type must be locked at least to the rank (level) in the chart below. Roads may be locked higher for protection and special situations (areas with construction, tricky design, frequent mistakes, imaging inaccuracies, and the like), but should not be locked lower.
A great time to implement these locks is while bringing the road types of an area into compliance with the current US road type standards (FC and highway systems). Lock the roads based on type after they've been set to current US road type standards.
|Highest rank of connected segment|