Specific Oklahoma Guidelines
- Be sure to know when not to split a two-way road
- Parking Lot Roads DO NOT need every lane mapped!
- Parking Lot Roads do not need to go through gas stations. The gas station area suppresses traffic so map problems (MP) do not show up in the editor.
- Alleys and driveways are NOT MAPPED
Railroads mapped in Oklahoma should follow the current standard of editing. All crossings should be connected to drivable segments accordingly. If no crossing exists, elevate the segment accordingly.
ONLY enter a name for the railroad segment if the tracks are historical in nature, a major landmark, or a routine destination for Wazers. In OK, very few segments should be named and most 'routine destinations' will be covered by a Place point/area for the train station.
The Waze app now renders railroad tracks as such so naming serves little purpose any longer.
There are multiple Armed Forces bases and facilities in Oklahoma. If you have questions concerning any military base in the state, please do not hesitate to ask. All military bases in the state are set to the current private installation standard.
- All gates at the military bases are set to private road in/street out with some gates having restrictions on them for the various gate closures.
- If you know of any changes in the hours of a gate, please let a US Champ know and they will adjust it accordingly.
- All gates are locked at a rank of 5 or 6.
Landmarks approved for military bases are:
- Gas stations