Puerto Rico MapRaid
Welcome to the Puerto Rico MapRaid! The MapRaid starts at Midnight 00:00 AST / 04:00 UTC, on August 16th and runs until August 22nd, 2015.
I would like to first apologize there is no wiki for Puerto Rico, as there have been no real local editors. 2nd, I would also like to apologize for the lack of StreetView on the island. 3rd, I would like to apologize for the not so great SATIMG on the island, as well. 4th, I would like to apologize there is no good GIS map for PR, either.
- The primary languages of Puerto Rico are English and Spanish. Everything should be in Spanish, unless noted otherwise.
- Please use your best guess as to roads in the trees; turning on the GPS Points layer may help.
- ArcGIS Viewer (Requires Microsoft Silverlight. The non-Silverlight version is below.)
- Connect Puerto Rico
- For additional GIS resources, as well as ESRI (if it's available).
All places are to be drawn fence line to fence line, as is the standard for the United States
Places should primarily be in Spanish and an alternative name for places of importance such as local airports, universities and hospitals.
Places of Interest/Schools
* Not a thorough listing of historical sites. Additional sites may be found via National Register of Historic Places Program
Place Browser Tool
As with previous MapRaids, a Place Browser has been created. This is an invaluable tool for working on existing places. Be sure to click the About tab to get an overview of the tool. Credit is due to Joyriding
|PLACE TYPE||LOCK LEVEL|
|Hospitals / Urgent Care||5|
|Schools / Universities / Colleges||5|
|Military Installation / Airport||4|
|National & State Parks and Monuments||4|
|Police & Fire Dept||3|
|Government Buildings / Consulates||3|
|City and Local Parks||2|
- All Places that have complete information (to include, at a minimum, address/city, phone number) are to be locked at Level 2. This is to prevent loss of data due to automatic acceptance of Place Update submissions from Trusted Users, or Place Update Request approvals from other editors without careful examination.
- If you do not have a high enough enough rank to lock the place as indicated, please lock it as high as you can, and notify a higher rank AM, SM, CM, or Champ to lock it higher.
- There currently is no FC for PR.
- All freeways are set to ground level. If two freeways cross each other, look at the actual intersection to discover the layers of the intersection
- Road names should follow the PR-### format and a general rule of thumb is:
- PR-1 through PR-99 & PR-165 are Major Highways (those with Blue Shields are Freeways)
- PR-100 through PR-206, PR-250 & PR-251 are Minor Highways
- PR-300 through PR-9914 are Primary Streets
- When adding cardinal directions to street maps use the Spanish letter surrounded by parentheses
- (N) = Norte = North
- (S) = Sur = South
- (E) = Este = East
- (O) = Oeste = West
- Calle and Avenida should be spelled out for proper TTS pronunciation.
In Puerto Rico MapRaid we have a set minimum standard for locking roads based on segment type. Any road of a certain segment type must be locked at least to the rank (level) in the chart below. Roads may be locked higher for protection and special situations (areas with construction, tricky design, frequent mistakes, imaging inaccuracies, and the like), but should not be locked lower.
A great time to implement these locks is while bringing the road types of an area into compliance with the current US road type standards (FC and highway systems). Lock the roads based on type after they've been set to current US road type standards.
|Highest rank of connected segments|
Note: Do Not Mass Edit just to update locks to these standards, these can adjusted as you find while editing other aspects of the segments such as FC, speed limits, naming, etc.
Some segments still warrant higher locks and care should be taken when setting segment lock to these standards to look for and protect these special setups with higher locks. Some examples; segments which are part of BDP, U-turn prevention, or using micro-doglegs, or other complex intersection setups.
Update Requests (URs) wait time will be 5 days.
- New editor welcome page
- Waze Map Editor
- Best Map Editing Practice
- Editing manual
- Common editing mistakes
- How to make a Permalink
- All about using the WME Chat
- Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools where you'll links and descriptions to most of the editing scripts being used. Some of these are essential to good editing, and others make the editing process much easier. WME Validator, URO+, and WME Toolbox are highly recommended.
Recommended Tools for MapRaid
- MapRaid Overlay tampermonkey/greasemonkey required
- Puerto Rico County/District Overlay tampermonkey/greasemonkey required
- MapRaid Place Browser
- UR Comments - a tremendous time and labor saving tool with automation and integration with URO+, to help with working URs. Read the documentation. Tampermonkey / greasemonkey required
- The WME Reference Sheet[PDF] is a printable double-sided tri-fold quick reference guide to some of the common topics used in WME.
- Validator is a script that validates a map area in Waze Map Editor, highlights issues and generates a very detailed report with wiki references and solutions.
- WME Chat Addon is a script that improves the WME chat GUI. For a list of all the features check the thread here -- Tapermonkey/Greasmonkey required
To find your group, please login and check the forums