Information related to using Waze in the State of Delaware.
|This new page is currently undergoing modifications. The information presented should be considered a draft, not yet ready for use. This content is open to changes from anyone during construction. If you would like to make changes or have questions, please post a message in this forum. Please use the talk page for thoughts and ideas on setting up this content.|
Cities and Towns
NEEDS UPDATE There are x Cities and Towns in the state. See xxxx for proper naming information.
NEEDS UPDATE Landmarks in xxxx should follow the guidelines from the state of Connecticut until the national standards are complete.
Major Construction Projects
- I-95/ SR-1 / SR-7/ Christiana Mall reconstruction.
https://www.waze.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3438107 misterhaz] and russblau have hand-drawn many of the new ramps based on GPS tracks and their own personal driving experiences. If you suspect changes need to be made to these ramps, please contact them.
NEEDS UPDATE See the xxxx forum for a list of long term road closures and changes to traffic flow that impact the Waze Map.
- Divided Highways
- Carpool, HOV, Transit lanes
- Roundabouts/Traffic Circles
- Parking Lot Roads
- Toll Roads
- Alleys should always be mapped if they have a name.
- Alleys should always be mapped if they are the sole access to a home or business.
- Alleys should always be set to "Private"
- Alleys are normally mapped if they are acknowledged by the municipality.
If an alley does not meet the above criteria, mapping is optional. Leave the name field blank.
Generally, if a path can't be driven on (e.g. Walking Trail, Pedestrian Boardwalk, Stairway, Railroad, Runway/Taxiway) then it not normally mapped. If it is mapped, it should not be connected to any roads. This is due to the way the routing engine works, as Waze will route users to drive on these "Non-Drivable" road types.
It is permitted to map Railroads since some users run Waze while on the train and contributing false data to the system. This false data has been known to effect drivers on adjacent roads. Railroads should be level -5 and locked at the highest level of the editor.
Time Restricted Turns
There is beta testing for setting Time Based Restricted turns in WME. Watch for announcements in the forum on this feature
Speed / Red Light Cameras
Only Red Light Cameras are legal in the State of Delaware. More information can be found on the IIHS website for DE and other states.
Red Light Cameras
There is an ongoing discussion regarding all the red light cameras in DE in the Waze forums. Please post any needed updates/changed to red light cameras there, so local AMs and other editors can make appropriate changes.
- City of Wilmington
- All the rest of Delaware Except for a couple places they accidentally left off, which are listed at the , which includes one at Naamans and 202.
- NOTE: It is important to check the DIRECTIONALITY of ALL red light cameras. In many (most) cases, the red light camera is only monitoring one direction of traffic. An example of intersection where this is the case can be found at US-40 and SR-896.
Other Camera Types
These are cameras or signs that either provide driver feedback or are used for traffic control. These devices CAN NOT issue tickets and should not be mapped.
To Do List
NEEDS UPDATE Want to help out with the map in Delaware? Check out the To Do List. (Definitely out of date.)
Here are some examples of resources that we cannot use because of copyright restrictions. See Using_external_sources for a general discussion of the problem. You can contact the copyright holders, representing no-one but yourself, and asking them to create a copyright/license notice that would allow anyone to freely use the information without attribution. The Waze team is working to come up with an allowed list of online mapping resources.
- Delaware Road Closures And Restrictions -- contact Deldot
- SR-1/I-95 construction near the Christiana Mall:
- Maps/street names/addresses in Delaware:
- New Castle County GIS Viewer. Click http://gis.nccde.org/gis_viewer/images/i_info.png and then click on a parcel to see its address, and follow "parcel details" to get to the "view map" permalink. -- Contact New Castle County GIS services
- Kent County -- Contact Kent County DE
- Sussex County -- contact Sussex county government offices]
- Sussex County Web Mapping Application. Pro tip: many streets outside Sussex are searchable through this app.
|Username||Area Managed||Comments||Forum PM|
|Rank 6 Country Managers|
|orbitc||Region 10 Northeast Regional Coordinator||Rank 6||PM|
|jondrush||Region 5||Northeast Coordinator||PM|
|Rank 5 Country Managers|
|Rank 4 - State Managers|
|MReiser4670||All of Delaware||Based in PA||PM|
|Rank 5 Area Managers (not Country Managers)|
|russblau||Sussex and southern Kent Counties||PM|
|Rank 4 Area Managers|
|Rank 3 Area Managers|
|mishterhaz||New Castle Co||Also AM in north eastern MD and northern NJ||PM|
If you are an Area Manager that covers the State of Delaware, or a USA Country Manager that does a lot of work in Delaware, please add yourself to this list (alphabetical by username).