Canada/Map Raid Ottawa
MapRaid Canada will begin on . The raid will last for roughly 2 weeks.
|Please be sure to explore the Wiki page. Also, check back regularly in case of added materials.|
|add image of raid area|
- 1 Welcome to Canada
- 2 Mission
- 3 Local Hosts
- 4 Important!
- 5 Local Guidance
- 6 Mapping Resources
- 7 Communication
- 8 Reference Links
- 9 Mapraid edit lists
- 10 Results
- 11 MapRaid Promotions
- 12 Teams
Welcome to Canada
Our primary mission will be to handle the URs, and PURs, followed by Place validation, and general map verification.
The MapRaid! is being divided up by teams.
Canada has active "Traffic Locks", these locks are based on usage from users. They are limited to a max rank of 4, but can be any rank below.
When traffic locks are not enough to effectively protect an area, or after a city has undergone a "Road Classification" change the locks may be manually set to the below standards, depending on the decision of the Canadian Champs.
If the traffic lock is higher than the minimum standards listed below, please don't lower the lock.
|Segment Type||Default locks|| Some dense|
|highest rank of connected segment|
Road Classification has only been implemented in a few major cities in Canada. There are limited government created FC in the country of Canada and generally are only available to certain areas.
PUR should be reviewed for accuracy, one approved all relevant information pertaining to the place should be entered. Please use companies website to gather all information you can. Once a place is complete please either lock to rank 3 or let someone know so they may lock it.
This practice will prevent app trusted users and most IGN editors from making incorrect changes to places we know are right.
Following are general standards for place locking in Canada:
|Place Type||Default locks|
|Major Tourist Attractions/Landmarks||1|
The preferred method of communication for this Raid will be a web based program called "Slack". This program has many advantages over Google Hangouts.
If you aren't already a member of the Waze Map Raid Slack then please submit your information on this form: http://bit.ly/Slack_invite
You will receive an invitation in your email within 24 hours.
- New editor welcome page
- Waze Map Editor
- Best Map Editing Practice
- Editing manual
- Common editing mistakes
- How to make a Permalink
- All about using the WME Chat
- Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools where you'll links and descriptions to most of the editing scripts being used. Some of these are essential to good editing, and others make the editing process much easier. WME Validator, URO+, and WME Toolbox are highly recommended.
Recommended Tools for MapRaid
- UR Comments - a tremendous time and labor saving tool with automation and integration with URO+, to help with working URs. Read the documentation.
- The WME Reference Sheet[PDF] is a printable double-sided tri-fold quick reference guide to some of the common topics used in WME.
- Validator is a script that validates a map area in Waze Map Editor, highlights issues and generates a very detailed report with wiki references and solutions.
Custom Canadian WME Validator Script that can be used during the MapRaid.
- Street name abbreviations - Minimum Locks for Freeway, Ramps & Maj Hwy
* For Chrome browser please download the script at Chrome Web Store * For Firefox browser please download the script at GreasyFork.org
Note: for Firefox browser you also need Greasemonkey or Tampermonkey installed.
- WME Chat Addon is a script that improves the WME chat GUI. For a list of all the features check the thread here.
Tapermonkey/Greasmonkey is required to use this script
Mapraid edit lists
Spreadsheets and forms are being used to streamline management of various group efforts and track important edits. Below you can find links to use these these forms, sheets, and see the lists.
|Check back here after the raid is completed to see the results and achievements|
Some editors really let their bright side out, and let their community skills shine. This is even more evident in a concerted group effort with high-density editing like a MapRaid!. Editors of all ranks working closely with each other and the Champs, really lets us everyone get to know each other, and allows certain editors to be recognized for their skills and effort.
When the Champs see someone consistently editing well, interacting well with the community, and knowledgeable of the various details from the Wiki, they can issue promotions. This can be anything from the size of a managed area, to a rank increase, or even a new role.
|Watch here for results of promotions during and after the raid.|
|add teams here|