- A client device is usually a smartphone that runs the free Waze client app which you can download
- Waze uses GPS and networking to download free maps, get routing information and get notifications of events
- Supported device platforms for Waze 3.x are Android, iPhone, and iPad (the iPad WiFi only model does not have an integrated GPS).
- Supported device platforms for Waze 2.x and earlier are Android, Blackberry, iPhone (Apple iOS), Symbian (Nokia) and Windows Mobile (not Windows Phone)
- Even without a supported smartphone you can still plan your route using the Live Map for the Canada and the USA and the Rest Of The World (ROTW)
- You can review the full list of features in the latest release of the Waze client app, broken down by device platform.
- Even if your specific device model is not listed as a supported model, the Waze client app for your platform may work, especially if it is a more recent model. Give it a try. Please edit the Wiki with your results.
|Device Platform||Supported models *||Controls||Current problems||Development history (Changelog)|
|iPhone/iPad (Apple iOS)||Touch controls||More...||More...|