Information and resources regarding editing Waze maps in Michigan. Resources for other states and the entire country can be found on the Resources page.
- MDOT NFC Maps - MDOT National Functional Classification (NFC) maps by county and urban area. An effort was started in late 2013 to convert metro Detroit and other major cities to their corresponding 2012 NFC road classifications.
- 2011 Boundary and Annexation Survey Maps from US Census Bureau
- MDOT Physical Road (PR) Finder (also see the PR Finder Home page)
- MDOT MiDrive (Traffic, Construction, etc.)
- Map Michigan by the Center for Geographic Information
- Create a bookmarklet with the following code to link from your position in WME to same position in Map Michigan.
Here are instructions on Adding a Bookmarklet.
Please list cities smaller than 100,000 under their county in the category below this one
- Links are GIS resources unless otherwise indicated.
- Sites marked with a $ have fee based access.
- Barry GIS | Barry Map
- Berrien $
- Grand Traverse (use Internet Explorer)
- Kent (same link as Grand Rapids above)
- Monroe $
- Montmorency 1 | Montmorency 2
- Presque Isle
- St. Clair
- St. Joseph
- Van Buren
Speed / Red Light Cameras
Speed and red light cameras are illegal in Michigan. (source: )
Michigan Exceptions to the Community Wiki
"(work in progress DRAFT) Michigan Left"
- A "Michigan Left" (hereafter ML) is a procedure involving an indirect left turn onto or from a split roadway onto another road where the direct left turn is prohibited at the intersection itself. The driver proceeds through the intersection and turn left at the next median u-turn, then turn left onto the same road (in the opposite direction), and finally turn right at the main intersection. Alternatively, if the intersection involves turning onto a split road, the driver could also turn right onto the intersecting split road, then turn left at the median u-turn, finally turning left onto the road and proceeding through the main intersection.
Keep track of work that needs to be done and coordinate efforts with other AMs.
If you are an Area Manager who covers the State of Michigan, or a USA Country Manager active in Michigan, please add yourself alphabetically to this list.
You are also encouraged to create your own User Profile here in the Wiki. The profile can then also be linked to from your Forum Signature.
(Edit this section to read the comments explaining how to add yourself .)
|Username||Areas Managed||Comments||Forum PM
|agedcheeze||West Michigan Area||Kent, some Muskegon, Ottawa, and Allegan.||PM|
|captnkeegs||Grand Rapids Area.||Mostly working Kent & Barry county some Ottawa & Allegan county area.||PM|
|davielde||Ann Arbor||A2 and surrounding areas||PM|
|GizmoGuy411||Home AM area: NE Ohio, SE Michigan, NW Indiana||US Country Manager, Global & US Waze Champ, Great Lakes Regional Coordinator||PM|
|lelehman||Mt. Pleasant, Lansing Area||Mostly working on mid-Michigan.||PM|
|jschultz7||SE Michigan||Working downriver and surrounding areas||PM|
|Riamus||Northern lower peninsula||North of the Grayling line.||PM|
|robc007||I-94||Between Marshall and I-275.|| PM
|miked_64||SW Lower MI||GR, Kzoo and surrounding areas||PM|
|Usernames in blue have created Waze Wiki Profiles. Usernames in red have not.|
About this page
Please report broken links to: (volunteers needed)
If you are a Michigan AM, please help develop this page and add a link to your profile and/or PM below to show you are a contributor to this page.