This raid will follow the guidelines for Pennsylvania. Please start by responding to ALL URs, even the old ones.
Some PA and Map Raid guidelines
- UR closure time shorter
- Because this is a 1-week map raid, we will use the modified UR guidelines developed during the 2014 NYC map raid -- for older URS (those more than 60 days), if we get no response to our questions after 3 days we will close the UR.
- City Names
- Every segment should have a city name. There are no unincorporated areas in PA. Check in this order
- First: city or borough
- Second: census designated place -- if it is a place name people use locally. Often , they are. List of Census-designated places in Cambria County, PA. the most up-to-date Census Designated Place boundaries can be found at Hometown locator Cambria County simply click on the place name and use the maps tab.
- Third: township. If the segment it is not in any of those, then use the township, which can be found on the Cambria County GIS map.
- In PA, alleys should be mapped as private road type
- One Way Road determination
- With very little streetview available, you'll have to use other clues to determine which roads are one-way. Please use GIS information and Dogshrink's one-way road guide.
To see the exact boundaries of Cambria County while you edit, get the Map Overlay Extension and use the "open streetmap" overlay.
In order to apply city, borough, or township names to several segments at once, use "Select Segments" or "Select in area Place" feature of toolbox. then, very carefully, use the Properties Editor to apply the City name to several segments at once. If you don't have WME Toolbox, get it now.
More Pennsylvania mapping resources can be found at Pennsylvania/Resources
Construction and Closures
Functional Classification Cross-Reference
Functional Classification Color Keys (and FC color highlights color codes)Pennsylvania FC codes
|FC code||PA designation||Color Code|
FC classification guide for Cambria County, Dec 2014 (pending PennDot 2015 updates).
|Interstate||Interstate Business, Loop, Spur||US Hwy (incl. some special routes)||US Hwy BUS, SPUR, LOOP||State Route Shielded||State Route Unshielded||Locally Maintained|
|Examples||I-80||I-94 Business||US-190||US-460 Business||SR-23 SR-309||SR-2006||Roberts St|
^a "Other Freeways and Expressways" (FC 12) -- If it does not meet criteria for Freeway, then use road type Major Highway. A Freeway has 100% controlled-access long-merge entrance and exit ramps. An expressway is almost like a freeway, but has some short ramps and/or some at-grade intersections. See the full list of criteria at USA Freeway page.
^b Some 4-digit State Routes are numbered for legacy or maintenance reasons, but they do not serve as primary thoroughfares for the area and should be classified as .
|E||voludu2(3)||Done! Happy Holidays!|