Real time closures
Roads may be partially or completely closed in one or both directions
- If this will be for more than 3 days, you should edit the map in Cartouche.
- Don't forget to edit the map back when the road partially or completely reopens.
- If a road is closed, it is recommended to disconnect the section of road that is closed. Changing the road type to "No Entrance" will not prevent routing on the road since "No Entrance" really means "Undefined" road directionality as with roads imported from a base-map.
- If one direction of a road is closed, change the road type to "One-Way" and also put a turn restriction as appropriate on junctions with the road
- There is no need to edit the map for lane closures
- If the road is slower than usual, Waze will learn the average road speed has fallen and make automatic road reports
- If there is an official detour route, Waze will learn about it as you drive it
- You should check all surrounding roads are on the map and have correct directionality and connectivity so that Waze can find the best detour