Scripts/Toggelis Waze Editor
|This page is an element displayed as a section on the Scripts page. The content should be edited on this page, click here to view it on the main page.|
The Toggelis Waze Editor
is an Android app to edit and install Waze color scheme files visually.
by Toggeli ( )
This app makes it easy to modify or create custom color schemes for your Waze client app, and update the Waze app without the necessity to open or copy schema files.
TWE 1.9.1 for Waze 4
Additional features for this version:
- Clickable preview map
- Editable road width
- Editable border sizes
- Automatically convert 3.x schemes to 4.x
- Copy / paste schemes
- Edit navigation routes (stop routes, shared routes)
- Manual language choice or system language
- Import from Gmail attachment
- Paste skin as URL or text into TWE
- Compatible Android 4.0.3 - 5.X
- Incompatible with Android 6.X due to restrictions in Waze
- Added link to paid (ad-free) version
↓ DOWNLOAD ↓
TWE 1.2.1 for Waze 3
↓ DOWNLOAD ↓
Waze 4 schemes to play with
|ADAC||Toggelis Day Skin||Toggelis Night Skin||Electrolytes|
|Snowday||Tutti Frutti||Vitamin C||Green Fields|
|Schema 50||Neon Glow||Automapa||Robotka Day|
How to install the schemes directly into Waze: With your preferred internet browser on Android, copy the link of the scheme, then use the "paste skin" function in TWE to import it. Wait a second, the skin will appear in TWE and you can modify it or "save to Waze". Done.
Known problems and limitations: Cities (inner and border color) are currently not shown. This is probably a bug or a changed feature in Waze 4. The city label works, however.
If you'd like to contribute to TWE in your language, please edit the following pages without adding or moving lines, simply replace the english text by your translation. PM me if you'd like me to add your language! As soon as a language file is complete I'll integrate and publish the translation.
- Czech: Vilém Robotka
- Slovak: Hamilnes
- Russian: Mihail Serishev
- Hungarian: Akos Schneemaier
--> Translators can obtain an ad-free version of the app.</color>
Manipulating schemas with TWE for Waze 4
TWE imports to the last shown map in TWE. Waze 3 schemas are converted to Waze 4 format. An imported file is not automatically saved to Waze.
Several types of imports are possible:
- In an external app, select a schema file and "share with", "send to" or "open with" TWE.
- In an external app, show and select the text of the schema, then "share with" or "send to" TWE.
- In an external app, copy the text of a schema to the clipboard. Then in TWE, use "paste schema".
- Copy the URL (http://... or file://) of an existing schema to the clipboard. In TWE, use "paste skin".
Some export examples : - In TWE, chose "share as > file", then select ES Downloader to save the file locally, or select dropbox / google drive to save the file on the cloud, or select gmail to send it by mail. - In TWE, chose "share as > text", then select your favorite text editor to receive the schema code. - In TWE, chose "copy schema", then paste the text in a text editor.
Tips and tricks
1) You just installed a minor Waze update. All your favorite schemas are gone ...
Not really. If you already had TWE installed before the update, open TWE and chose "save to waze" to reactivate the schema in Waze.
2) You imported a schema in TWE but to the wrong map? Chose "save to <right_map>", then select "cancel edit".
3) Partial import: Chose one or some lines from a scheme to just import some map properties, for instance
then "paste skin" in TWE. Only the chosen properties will be changed on the map.
|Bring up comments or questions on this page in this forum .|