Waze Editing Videos
Recommended Scripts for new editors
Almost all editors use scripts. They allow you to work much more efficiently and to catch you own errors early.
These are the apps that most editors start out with. Installation instructions can be found in the wiki at the URL at the bottom.
- WME Validator
- Shows many common errors.
- WME Toolbox
- Contains many powerful tools and highlights, including fixes common errors at intersections
- Color Highlighter
- Makes some road segment features easier to see.
- Chat addon
- Gives your chat window a much-needed upgrade and smooths away a couple of WME chat bugs.
- UR Comments
- Helps manage URs and responding to them
- WME Closest Segment
- Shows you where a place's stop point will be positioned
These are two Chrome bookmarklets that will facilitate getting to WME from either Livemap or Google Maps.
- While Livemap already has an edit button to get you back to WME, this booklet will get you back to WME at the point where the cursor is. This allows you to use LMUR to look at URs over an area of several counties and open WME zoomed in to a particular UR.
- Even thought I refer to this script as a bookmarklet, it needs to be run under a keyboard shortcut manager since it uses the cursor position.
- Google Maps
- This bookmarklet allows you to pick a spot on a google map and then open WME at that point. Often when I track down a bad address in Google I want to see the same spot in WME.
- It's also sometimes easier to find intersections named in closures in Google and then bounce back to WME.
Links to usage (screencast), installation, and code
The shortcut manager I use for Chrome is Shortcut Manager.