User:Moweez/MMR Serbia 2016
A MegaMapRaid (MMR) is a MapRaid in which a group of international map editors join together and update a large area. Besides the benefits of a normal MapRaid, it opens up different ways of dealing with editing and navigation situations, because every country has it´s own specifics. It is always fun and a great learning experience to people from several backgrounds. Besides, the raiders together quickly improve the overall condition of the Waze map.
In order of importance:
- Check and correct city boundaries
- Check major connectivity
- Solve URs and MPs
- Improve major connectivity
- Improve Wiki page
- Correct base map positioning
- Correct road naming
|asterix06 ( )||6||GC/MapRaid-Coord|
|enhket ( )||6||GC/MapRaid-Coord|
|orbitc ( )||6||GC/MapRaid-Coord|
|moweez ( )||6||GC/MapRaid-Coord|
|voludu2 ( )||5||SM/MapRaid-Coord|
|dragstor ( )||5||Country Manager||1|
|danil_80 ( )||4||Country Manager||2|
Because of the international character of this MapRaid, the main language is English. There is help for translations. As we have raiders from many different time zones, we will use time in UTC.
Participants will be divided into several groups, one for each section of the map. Each group will have both local and senior editors, and a Group leader. Please direct all questions to your group leader. The raid hosts will be available across all areas for added support.
When working in the raid area, please set yourself to visible in WME chat. Also, turn on the Live Users layer. This will serve to collaborate smoothly and get quick help at your location if needed.
We will use Slack as the main communication service. There is a special Country MapRaid channel for this raid. Also, every group will have their own channel. If you are not already part of the MapRaid Slack team, you will be invited shortly before the Raid starts.
This MapRaid has X groups according to the following map (to be added). Use the overlay to show the borders of your group area in WME. Keep in mind that editing access may slightly differ from the overlay. If areas neighbour another country, please do not edit in other countries, even though you have access. If something needs to be updated, inform one of the hosts who will contact the neighbouring country.
Solve URs and MPs
Improve major connectivity
Improve Wiki page
Mass edits and quality
We all want to drive with a good map! So, make sure you make quality edits that help all Wazers.
In Base Map areas, mass edits are allowed, as long as they are constructive to the map. Be aware that we will monitor edits, so avoid unnecessary edits and hunting for points. Quality counts, not quantity. Sanctions are strict, being banned from this and future mapraids. In addition, Waze throttles your edits and points when scripts are used excessively, meaning that you don't earn points for mass editing.
If you are using a tool or script, you are fully responsible for its use and its consequences. Please make sure that you understand the features of the script you are using. You will be held accountable for any side effects.
- If you are unsure about something, please ask.
- Check and triple check.
- We have great leaders here who can help you.
- Let's make sure we do it right the first time, and set a great example for the rest of the world.
Only use sources that are allowed by Waze.
- Satellite Imagery and Street-view from within WME.
- Websites from businesses.
!!PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF ALL SCRIPTS!!
Specific tools for this MapRaid
- There is an [link to overlay for WME|Overlay] to view the boundaries of the group areas via an extra layer. To use it, you need to have TamperMonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) installed. The areas are kept simple for smooth working in WME. Please note that they may slightly differ from the actual areas you can edit during the raid.
- There is a Places Browser for this MapRaid to update Places according to the rules of the location. >