MapRaid will begin on May 24, 2015. The raid will last for roughly 2 weeks.
|add image of raid area|
- 1 Welcome to XXX
- 2 Mission
- 3 Local Hosts
- 4 Important!
- 5 Local Guidance
- 6 Mapping Resources
- 7 Communication
- 8 Reference Links
- 9 Mapraid edit lists
- 10 Results
- 11 MapRaid Promotions
- 12 Teams
Welcome to XXX
Our primary mission will be to handle the URs, and PURs, followed by Place validation, and general map verification.
The MapRaid! is being divided up by teams.
The following is a list of improvements that all editors should attempt to make across the entire Raid area, but especially at the "Grading PL."
- New editor welcome page
- Waze Map Editor
- Best Map Editing Practice
- Editing manual
- Common editing mistakes
- How to make a Permalink
- All about using the WME Chat
- Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools where you'll links and descriptions to most of the editing scripts being used. Some of these are essential to good editing, and others make the editing process much easier. WME Validator, URO+, and WME Toolbox are highly recommended.
Recommended Tools for MapRaid
- overlay link
- Places browser link
- UR Comments - a tremendous time and labor saving tool with automation and integration with URO+, to help with working URs. Read the documentation.
- The WME Reference Sheet[PDF] is a printable double-sided tri-fold quick reference guide to some of the common topics used in WME.
- Validator is a script that validates a map area in Waze Map Editor, highlights issues and generates a very detailed report with wiki references and solutions.
* For Chrome browser please download the script at Chrome Web Store * For Firefox browser please download the script at GreasyFork.org
Note: for Firefox browser you also need Greasemonkey or Tampermonkey installed.
- WME Chat Addon is a script that improves the WME chat GUI. For a list of all the features check the thread here.
Tapermonkey/Greasmonkey is required to use this script
Mapraid edit lists
Spreadsheets and forms are being used to streamline management of various group efforts and track important edits. Below you can find links to use these these forms, sheets, and see the lists.
|Check back here after the raid is completed to see the results and achievements|
Some editors really let their bright side out, and let their community skills shine. This is even more evident in a concerted group effort with high-density editing like a MapRaid!. Editors of all ranks working closely with each other and the Champs, really lets us everyone get to know each other, and allows certain editors to be recognized for their skills and effort.
When the Champs see someone consistently editing well, interacting well with the community, and knowledgeable of the various details from the Wiki, they can issue promotions. This can be anything from the size of a managed area, to a rank increase, or even a new role.
|Watch here for results of promotions during and after the raid.|
|add teams here|