State Manager (SM)
|This new page is currently undergoing modifications. The information presented should be considered a draft, not yet ready for use. This content is open to changes from anyone during construction. If you would like to make changes or have questions, please post a message in this forum.|
|Insert a brieg description of the Sate Manager (SM)|
We have a new community role called: "State Manager (SM)" for the USA.
Rolls & Responsibilities
SM responsibilities will include the following, but are not limited to:
- having editing rights in their entire state.
- Making sure Unlocks/Updates related to their state are addressed timely.
- Working with editors on issues that are related to editing and other issues as they arise.
- Maintaining and updating a closures list / wiki (if necessary) for their state.
- Maintain/Update/Lead the Waze Forum State Page.
- They can monitor the forum, post updates, keep enthusiasm about state discussions going, and help keep the RC informed.
- Help inform editors about existing policy and helps evolve that policy based upon their work within a state.
- Identify key areas in their state.
- SM will identify the good and the bad editors.
- Keeping RC (and local Champ where available) informed with good and bad editors (Basically the RC's would like to get the SM's opinion on an editor)
- Keeping an eye on newer editors throughout the state and educate them by mentoring them informally or formally.
How to become a State Manager
- The SM position could be a mature Rank 4, although a Rank 5 would be preferable to best handle more requests.
- This role is not the same as AM with a larger area. There is a much greater community involvement with this role.
- There could be multiple SMs for a state..
- If state is too small to have their own SM, then a neighboring SM would manage that state.
- SM roles will be assigned by RCs with Champ endorsement