Difference between revisions of "Development plans and priorities"
(Marked as global wiki page)
m (27 revisions imported)
Revision as of 10:55, 30 November 2015
Waze is growing fast in features and popularity. This is not a complete list of development areas, but should reassure you that Waze is aware of your concerns and is working to make things better.
Current development focus includes:
- Upgrading the worldwide infrastructure to allow Waze to support the growing number of users while making the service more reliable
- Bug fixing
- Integrating features to generate revenue for Waze
- Releasing feature equal clients for Android and iOS
- Adding the ability to search for location by UK postcodes
- Supporting correct routing of authorized veichles on Carpool, HOV, Transit lanes
- Implementing a web interface to allow editors to immediately close streets for a specified period.
- Upgrading the World servers, which has increased the reliability and speed of editing maps
- Improved the routing in areas of Private Roads and Parking Lot roads
- ASR (Automated Speech recognition)
- TTS (Text to Speech voice guided turn-by-turn instructions that announce the street names for upcoming turns) in multiple languages
- Gas price integration
- POI category search
- Toll Road avoidance
- Time of day turn restrictions
- Time of day road directionality changes
- Implementing road blocks and road closures