Difference between revisions of "Editing manual"
(Marked as global wiki page)
m (15 revisions imported: Second import of transfer package)
Latest revision as of 21:24, 15 February 2017
This page serves as the overall editing manual and map editing style guidelines for the Waze map using the Waze Map Editor (WME).
The Waze Map Editor can be very intuitive to use for most new map editors, however it is important to understand things that are not necessarily visible when editing. In some cases, what you don't know can really hurt the maps. Please read through the links to familiarize yourself with the contents.
- Map Editing Quick-start Guide
- Best map editing practice
- Map Editing Tips and Hints
- Map Editor Interface and Controls
- Road types and names
- Update Requests in Waze Map Editor
- Map Problems in Waze Map Editor
- House Numbers in Waze Map Editor
- Creating and Editing street segments
- Scheduled (Time-Based) Segment and Turn Restrictions
- Smudged city
- Overpasses, Underpasses and Bridges
- Private and Military Installations
- Carpool, HOV, Transit lanes
- Editing rank
- Real time closures due to long-term construction, natural disasters, etc.
- Warning on possible lack of accuracy in aerial images
- Outdated Aerials - a form to report locations where the aerial imagery is out of date
- To report map editor performance issues, use the Quick Help form on the Support Page
- Be familiar with the use of external copyright sources
If the information desired is not located in the above links, go to the Waze Forums to ask the question.