Problems using Waze on your client device
- [Currently failing] Routing server unavailable on 15 September. Client routing and Live Map routing fails with a message that the routing server could not be contacted. This has been an intermittent problem for nearly a week. Failures seem to coincide with updates to the Live Map. On 9 September the routing server was unavailable for over 12 hours. It was also unavailable for an hour on 13 September.
- False standstill and heavy traffic reports due to no pause option
- Specific model Client device problems
Quirks with the Map on the client device
- Wandering cities
- Some roads are reverting back to an unconfirmed state (back to Pacman roads with dots on them). Waze is investigating this. Please report any observed examples in this forum thread
Problems editing the map using Cartouche
- While server upgrades have markedly increased the speed of Cartouche there are times of day when it is still very slow. This may be because the servers are performing other tasks or because there are many map editors working at the same time. If you find the map editing to be painfully slow, we don't want you to become discouraged. The best advice is to wait and try again at a different time of day.
- Aerial images are missing for USA and Canada in Cartouche. Aerial images previously present have reportedly been missing for months. Rumour is the USGS servers may be down. Waze is looking into it.
- If you have the "No Name Roads" layer selected in Cartouche you cannot select any roads
- If you have the GPS Points layer selected it can be difficult or impossible to select a road because you are always selecting a GPS point. This can happen even if the GPS points are not visible at your current zoom level.
- Known issues with Cartouche - needs updating
- Newly plotted (unknown, red-line) roads are not showing in Cartouche at the 3 minimum zoom levels. Waze is aware of this and are working to fix it
- Anyone can create a landmark, but only Area Managers can edit landmarks once they have been created