This will be a clickable interactive guide to determining what instruction, if any, will be given at the junction between any 2 segments. There will eventually be encyclopedia style illustrations for the various configurations to visually describe the setup. This will formatted as a sequence flow through, to cover (hopefully) all variations.
Understanding how and which instructions are provided requires first understanding a few concepts.
- This is discussing the instruction which will be provided by the server (or not provided) when travelling from one segment, through a junction, and onto a second segment.
- How 'Best Continuations' work. Any time the destination segment is the 'Best Continuation' there will not be an instruction provided.
- The segment you are on before going through the junction, in other words the segment you are coming from will be referred to as 'the origin', and corresponds to 's-in' in the the algorithm text provided by Waze staff.
- The segment you will be on after the junction, in other words the segment you are going to will be referred to as 'the destination', and corresponds to 's-out' in the the algorithm text provided by Waze staff.
- Any segments other the destination which leave the junction at an angle less than 44° will be referred to as 'other branches', and corresponds to 's-N', or 's-1,2,3,4...' in the the algorithm text provided by Waze staff.