Since November 2014 it is possible to search for house numbers which are inputted via the Waze Map Editor and saved in the Waze database. To support this functionality, In multiple countries, like The Netherlands, Waze imported house number data from external sources.
- It is possible to add house numbers to several road types when Street and City name are specified.
- Don't add house numbers to pedestrian boardwalks. If house numbers are to be added to a non-drivable road use walking trail.
- Add house numbers with an letters like 123A, 123B, 123ZZ letter in uppercase and without hyphen,
- Add house numbers with a sub number like 123-1, 123-2, 123-999 with a hyphen.
- Besides the hyphen separator also the slash "/" can be used to divide the parts of a two part house number.
- For now, more complex combinations of such numbers like 123A-1 are not allowed.
- For adding house numbers the WME OpenMaps script with the BAG map is very usefull.
- The BAG viewer can be used to get information on house numbers in the Netherlands.
- The house number information can be displayed in the editor if the Kadastrale kaart is loaded over the BAG map.
Adding house numbers:
- Select a street
- Click Edit house numbers
- Zoom in to at least zoom=18
- Click top center screen
- Place the little blue circle on a house and enter the house number for this house.
- Set the stop point / segment marker on the road segment from where the house can be approached.
- Click Save
Some errors you can force others you can't. Dismiss the error window by clicking on Continue editing, hover the mouse over the red-bordered House Numbers to review what the errors are and fix the House Numbers which are in error, if they are indeed in error.
If an error is forceable the force button is displayed. But, the possibility to fix errors via forcing is dependant on your editor level. In The Netherlands L1 editors can use for some errors the force option, for other errors L2 is required.
In the Netherlands the warning of even and odd numbers on the same side of the road is forceable for L1 editors.
An out of sequence error is also in the Netherlands limited to L2 and higher.
Read more in the global Wiki on Errors you can force.
- When searching for an address in the Waze app or Live map, Waze will first check the own Waze house numbers - both the manual created and the imported ones. If the house number isn't known in Waze, the Google Maps database is consulted.
- If an address is on an unnamed road don't use a house number to identify an address but add a private residence place which contains only the address. If necessary use an entry point to specify the exact location.
- If the correct approach entrance to an address is from a street or segment other than the street the address is named after, then don't use a house number to identify an address but add a private residence place which contains only the address.
- When adding house numbers for appartment buildings it is nice not to add all numbers on top of each other. Add them in such a way that an editor can trace, on the highest zoon level, each number individually.
- If some house numbers are missing, Waze will try to interpolate the missing house number of the requested address. This works in case of a lot of house numbers in a small spot or if house numbers are uniformly distributed in space between 2 registered house numbers. This interpolation works with a maximum step of 20, for both sides: the even and odd numbers. It is enough when the numbers 1, 21, 41 and 2, 22, 42 etc are entered.
- For adding house numbers to a street name which contains a highway number like N353 - Van Helomaweg, Havelte an ALT name should be entered (without the N-number): Van Helomaweg, Havelte.
- Editing the street speeds up publishing house numbers changes to the map.
- More information can be read on the global Wiki page on house numbers and the USA Wiki page on house numbers.
- Forum page on house numbers with questions, discussions.
- WME Toolbox option "Show House Numbers" which colors segments with house numbers present, so segments without become obvious....
- User script WME HN NavPoints
- User script WME HN Tool
- User script WME Rapid House Numbers