Translations:Major Traffic Events/1/en
Major Traffic Events
Major Traffic Events, or MTE’s are large-scale events that have associated road closures. A MTE has a clear name. MTE’s can be sport events (marathons, triathlons, etc), festivals, parades, significant construction works or even (natural) disasters like flooding (ex: Closure of freeways or important tunnels), VIP visits, etc.
For regularly recurring events, such as a weekly event with associated closures, it is better to only create an MTE for the first time.
To submit a MTE you need to have permission to add road closures (level 3 or better) or work together with an editor that has that permission. A website page is automatically created: https://www.waze.com/nl/events/.
Wazers affected by the MTE get an automatic push-message.
Create an event
All MTE’s have to be submitted at least 48 hours before start of the event. This will give Waze HQ appropriate time to arrange for the push-message. Editing of the MTE-closures is still possible after submitting but having all closures attached to the MTE is crucial for the push message.
- Open the WME with the Closures layer activated.
- Position the map so it encompasses all related road segments.
- Click on the Events/Gebeurtenissen tab on the left hand side menu.
- Before creating, first check, via the Find event dialog, if someone else hasn't already created the event. Be sure to select the correct period.
- Create a new event by clicking Add event button. You will be presented with the displayed panel.
- Add event name in English (mandatory) - the event name should be as short as possible while accurately representing the event. There is a 25 character limit.
- Add secondary event name in local language (optional) - the event name should be as short as possible while accurately representing the event.
- Fill in details of the event. Note: Allow for the preparation-, build-up- as well as after-event break-up time. All closures need to be within the general event start and end time. Once submitted you cannot change the general MTE start and end time. Closures that start earlier or end later than the general MTE start and end time cannot become part of the event.
- Make sure to Save!