The Complete Guide to Waze in the QR
Mabrook! Katari Wazer! If you are reading this then you probably want to learn more about how to use Waze or edit the Waze map. This may be because you want to add a new road or have found a map issue and want to contribute to the Waze community. You have come to the right place! Read up on the general standards and guides referred to here as well as our own guide for editing the Qatar roads before attempting to edit the maps.
Waze is a free navigation app for your GPS equipped smartphone. It has the following features:
- Spoken turn-by-turn directions
- Spoken street names (Text-to-Speech). 
- Real time traffic reports
- Real time Gas Prices.
- Toll road avoidance 
- Free regular updates to the map that you can help make are installed automatically
- Search for destinations how you like: entire address at once, category, place name, landmark or use the addresses from your contacts
- Integrated destination search: Google, Foursquare, Bing
- Support for apps to insert destinations into Waze, such as Localscope
- Support for multiple languages
- Gaming elements for fun and integrated social networking
- , BETA: in selected countries.
- , Toll Roads and Gas Prices dependent on user contribution.
Read more about the amazing way Waze gets better when you just drive around with Waze turned on
- Read the topics on Waze Help Center
- Get help when you have Waze running but the map shows few or no roads, or streets with no names, or you travel to an unmapped area
- Understand the timing of updates, including when you can edit roads you have driven on
- Use the My Dashboard section on the Waze website
- Read the answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and the glossary of terms
- Participate in the announcements and discussion forums
If you have problems, try and find your own solution or ask the community for help:
- Use the Wiki - there is a search box just to the left
- Use the Discussion Forums
If all else fails, you can email Waze with your problem
Editing Resources for the Qatar
- Work in progress.....
This is a setup for the WME Wiki of Qatar.
Qatar is a small peninsula in the northeastern part of the Arabian Peninsula which is bordered by Saudi Arabia on the south while the entire shoreline is surrounded by the Arabian/Persian Gulf.
Currently, it consists of eight municipalities. Municipality of Doha which serves as the countries capital (with two city extension area the Wholesale Market and Industrial Area), on the south are the Municipality of Al Wakra and Municipality of Al Rayyan (portion of it is parallel next to Doha, in the middle is the Municipality of Umm Slal, while at the eastern portion is the Municipality of Al Daayen, while at the western portion is the Municipality of Al Sheehaniya and at the northern portion were the Municipality of Al Khor and Municipality of Al Shamal.
- Doha, الدوحة
- Al Rayyan, الريان
- Al Wakra, الوكرة
- Al Sheehaniya, الشيحانية
- Umm Slal, أم صلال
- Al Daayen, الضعاين
- Al Khor, الخور
- Al Shamal, الشمال
Naming rules for city-field in Qatar When naming cities outside of Doha use: <English cityname><comma><space><Arabic cityname> Example: Umm Slal, أم صلال When naming cities inside of Doha use: <English District> Example: Mushaireb, Al Duhail, Al Waab
For Freeways and Ramps, check the No City checkbox.
For roads outside city boundaries, e.g. rural roads, also check the No City checkbox to prevent city smudging.
When naming roads with official road numbers use: <Road number><space><dash><space><Road name>
For road names with less then 10 characters, you can write Street or Road behind it without abbreviations. For road names with more then 10 characters, you can write St or Rd behind it. Make sure NOT to add a dot (.) behind it, for optimal TTS pronounciation.
Here are the road network system:
|Network||Classification||Speed Limits||Construction Speed||Remarks|
|Freeway||Expressway||120 - 100||80/ 50||Expressway Authority|
|Major Highway||Primary||100 - 80||80/ 50||-|
|Minor Highway||Primary||80 - 60||50/ 30||Collector Road|
|Primary Street||Secondary||80 - 50||30||Urban Zone|
|Street||Tertiary||60 - 30||-||Street|
|Ramp||Tertiary||60 / 40||-||Fwy+Hwy entry & exit|
|Parking Lot||Tertiary||20 - 10||-||-|
|Private Road||Private||-||-||As per actual|