Forest Service Roads
|When editing Forest Service Roads be sure to read the Waze wiki page first in order to follow naming convention. Listed below are references that are a good starting point|
- Geospatial Data
- Little Belt Mountains 2013
- Castle Mountains, 2014
- Crazy Mountains, 2016
- Big and Little Snowy Mountains, 2013
- Highwood Mountains, 2013
- Rocky Mountain Ranger District, 2014
- Flathead National Forest
- Missoula Ranger District - Lolo Creek to Missoula West
- Missola Ranger District - Missoula East to Rock Creek
- Missoula Ranger District - Ninemile Ranger District North
- Missoula Ranger District - Ninemile Ranger District South
- Plains/Thompson Falls Ranger District
- Seeley Lake Ranger District
- Superior Ranger District
Dirt Roads 4x4
Montana follows the following functional classification for Gravel and Dirt Road /4x4 trails.
Images demonstrated above can not cover all scenarios for mapping maintenance level to Waze road type. These types of roads may undergo variation in quality over seasons additionally depending on the climate (rain/snow). Particularly, some gravel roads may have qualities that are closer to Dirt Road / 4x4 Trail than street. Editors with local experience or potential Street View images may help in this determination.
Driveways / Private Roads
|Please follow the following guidelines for Private Driveways. Wiki standard can be found here. Driveways|
Mapping rural diveways
- 50 to 399m (164 to 1309ft): If an address/location cannot be reasonably guided to without a private driveway, as might be the case with the residence being closer to an adjacent street, it can be added.
- 400m (1312ft) or more: Map it. Do not delete existing driveways already meeting this criterion.
Discussion can be found in the Montana section of the forums.