Railroads are not yet added to the map, but these can be added to prepare the maps for when it is. Mapping the tracks allows Waze to recognize spurious speed data from people Wazing on the train and prevent it from corrupting speed data for the adjacent road.
| type = important
| text = Please notice that railroads have changed from previous interpretations of railroad mapping. Even veteran editors need to pay attention to this section!
* Elevation will be set to the same elevation standards as a drivable road. When tracks junction a road on the ground, the Elevation should be set to Ground.
* If the railroad crosses a segment of road, it should be connected to the road to so the historical data for the rail crossing will be more accurate.
* Always select "None" for the city name. This avoids [[Smudged_city#Overview|city smudging]].
* Set railroad to 2-way directionality and Restrict turns ''to'' and ''from'' the railroad segments.
* Follow the [http://fragis.fra.dot.gov/Apps/GISFRASafety/ Federal DOT Railroad GIS] to verify the owner of the rail line to help on naming of the segment. Use the acronyms under RROWNER1 to help on naming.
* Name each segment using the rail owner name acronyms or abbreviations railroad. For example, Twin Cities & Western Railroad uses TCWR. We would name this section TCW Railroad. We leave off the R in the acronym because it would be redundant to say, Twin Cities & Western Railroad Railroad.
* Canadian Pacific uses the acronym CPRS, but it is more know as CP, so it will be called CP Railroad
*Do not map every piece of parallel track, such as in sidings or yards, or industrial spurs that don't cross any roads. Your work may otherwise be seen as clutter, much like mapping every parking lot row.
* Lock all railroads to a Level 2
* Keep segment lengths under 10,000 meters (32,808 Ft) – the longer the segment length, the more sluggish the editor is to respond to changes.
* Read [[Road types#Railroad|this section]] for more information about railroads.
==== Runway/Taxiway[[File:Service road.png|200px|Service road.png]] ====