User:CBenson/Selecting Multiple Objects
Selecting multiple segments
Several road segments may be selected at once in order to change the properties of several segments at one time. There are several ways to select multiple segments.
- One way is to select the first segment, then use ctrl+click (MAC users:⌘ Command+click) to select additional segments.
- A second way is to use multi-select mode. Use the shortcut key m to enter multi-select mode. Click each segment to add or subtract it from the current segment grouping. To exit multi-select mode, press m again.
- To select all segments between two other segments, first select a segment, then use alt+click (Linux users:ctrl+alt+click) to select a second segment. The editor will add to the selection group the segments in-between the first and second segments, based mostly on the street name, but also on simple straight lines.
- To select all segments within a box use ctrl+⇧ Shift+click (MAC users:⌘ Command+⇧ Shift+click) and then drag the cursor while holding the mouse button to form a box. When the mouse button is released, all the segments in the box are selected.
- Segments having the same naming properties can be selected using the "Select entire street" function. See the description in the Left Pane with segment(s) selected section for more information.