User:Orbitc/Ways to Get Involved in Other Regions
- Ask your RC/ARC about any official cross-regional collaboration and apply for AM outside of your region.
Help during Crisis and Events (join VEOC discord server)
- Get in touch with the Host of the VEOC team.
- Offer your help. In most cases, you can help without an AM area.
Join other regions’ Discord server
- Engage with A/RCs and other higher ranking editors.
- Offer your help. They may grant a temporary area if necessary.
Join and be active in Beta and other projects
- iOS Beta.
- Android Beta.
- WME Beta.
- Carpool (and Carpool Beta).
- Wazeopedia and Wazeopedia Beta.
- Volunteer for special projects like “Waze Beacons”
- Cross regions (in addition to the local region).
- Work with other regions’ RC, ARC, CMs, and SMs.
- Try to participate in unique projects like “UR Project” or “Places Project”.
- Join in an MR, follow local guidelines and be active.
- Keep engaged with the A/RC or MR Host(s).
- Let MR Host know if you cannot fulfill your duties.
- Request to maintain your MR area as a permanent area after the MR.
Learn the editing differences between regions and help in:
- WME Chat.
- On Discord channel.
- Guide editors to correct wiki pages.
- Guide editors to correct forum pages.
Working on special projects like collecting/finding wrong data on the Waze map
- Gas Stations.
- Subway, Wendy’s, etc.
Meetups & Professionalism:
- Be active and try to attend national or regional meetups.
- Share knowledge but respect regions’ local guidelines.
- Learn how each region’s editing practices differ from one another.
- Be courteous and lead by example.
- Keep bantering to a minimum or in Banter channels only.
- Know that someone is always reading your posts or comments.