User:Sr-Navi-Gator/My Waze and Inbox
My Waze Panel
The main panel in the Waze Application is designed to provide information about your current drive. At the top there are three icons for non-driving information.
- Top left is the Gear Icon for many settings to customize the display to your preferences.
- Top center is the user icon to link to your My Waze panel.
- Top right is the third icon Power Button to put your Waze App to sleep.
This document explains some parts of the My Waze Panel. Your My Waze panel is used to navigate to
- Inbox - your Waze Mail
- My Friends – used to connect to Facebook friends
- Account & Login -account information and password reset
- Home & Work - set your Home and Work locations
- Mood - set mood icon for your display to others in Waze
- Carpool - communicate for ride sharing
- My Stores - your favorite stores to show on map
- My scoreboard - your points compared to others
- Waze groups - team memberships
Also a link back to the Navigation settings. Same as the Gear icon on main panel.
Your Inbox is Waze Mail from other community members including responses to problem reports.
To navigate to your Inbox:
- Tap your “Search Button”
- Tap your user icon top center or the arrow to the right of it
- Tap Inbox
The image below demonstrates. The Green Arrows are showing the panel flow and in this case will be 4 windows. The Red Arrows are pointing to the tap locations. Tapping on each will bring up the next panel in the flow.
Remove Search Item
Currently there is no ability to clear all your search history and cached items. Waze attempts to keep your history for potential re-use. Unfortunately if there was a problem when you found the item last, Waze will continue to find the destination as it was found. If it was not just a reception problem but a map problem, you would need to send a Map problem report. When a Map Editor corrects the problem, you will need to clear the item history or you will continue to find it as it was before.
To find an item, tap on your ‘’Search Button’’. When you find the item in the list, tap the 3 dots on the right of the item.
The example below is to remove a search item for Charles Schwab. The Green Arrorws are showing the panel flow and in this case will be 3 windows. The Red Arrows are pointing to the tap locations. Tapping on each will bring up the next panel in the flow.
Search Item Information
If instead, you tapped the item itself - Waze will then present the information for the item and buttons to navigate to it. Still if you wanted to delete the item, tap the 3 dots. They are here just like in the list.