User:Subs5/Closed place for remodel
Long term remodel
Users should not be routed to places that are closed for long term refurbishment without warning. However, because Waze includes third-party results in searches for places, they may get routed there from a bad import. The least we can do is to have our Waze place note that the place is closed.
Gas stations and shopping malls are two places that often fit into this category. Malls may be closed for two to three years prior to reopening in the same location. Gas stations often close for months for tank replacement or environmental mitigation efforts. Therefore, after confirming that a place is in a long term closure situation, the following procedure should be used:
- Search the Waze app for the name and location of the place.
- Find the place in WME. If the search returns a Waze place, then continue to step 4.
- If there is only a third-party result, then add a Waze place and continue to step 4.
- Add " (Closed until MM/YY)" to the end of the place name.
- Add a note in the description with the date when the place was reported closed.
- Link the applicable third-party place(s) to the Waze place if not already linked.
- Change the open hours to one minute per week at a time least likely to be viewed, so that the place will show as closed for the rest of the week.
- Submit a correction, if possible, to third-party source(s) which appear in an app search to show that the place is under refurbishment.