Mid-Atlantic Region Large Area Managers
Mid-Atlantic Region Large Area Managers (MAR LAM) help manage large sections of a state working with the local Area Managers. You can also reach out to them for assistance.
MAR LAM Regions
A map of the MAR LAM regions is below.
- MAR LAMs are simplified areas. This may cause coverage into surrounding states. MAR LAM's are expected to get permission from that other state's SM if they wish to edit in that area. Otherwise, MAR LAMs should remain in the state they are assigned.
- There can be more than one MAR LAM for each region
MAR LAM Responsibilities
- Abbreviation: MAR LAM
- Responsibilities: As the name suggests, MAR LAMs manage a much larger portion of the map than AMs.
- As a rough rule of thumb, it is typical to grant MAR LAM areas measured in thousands of square miles
- Develop projects to systematically improve the map
- Planned construction/reconfiguration
- Base map improvements
- Coordinate regular editing upkeep of their LAM
- UR/PUR/MP resolution
- Unlock/uplock requests
- Mentoring/outreach to new editors
- MAR LAM should maintain activity on the map and in the community on a weekly basis, and preferably a daily basis
It is requested that a MAR LAM who will be away from map editing activities for more than two (2) weeks please notify the State Managers by private message (PM). This is simply to ensure, if needed, that any adjustments can be made for handling update requests or other activities.
MAR LAM Application Process
- Editor must be an active successful MAR Area Manager for a polygon larger than PL at Zoom=0 for >45 days
- Editor must be Rank 3 or higher
- Editor should be an active and effective communicator to other editors via forums, Discord, GHO, and/or Private Messages.
If you're already a MAR Area Manager and you're interested in becoming a MAR LAM, please contact your SM (one of your SMs) and discuss possibilities and LAM areas.